Opening day dove shoot confusion

Possum

Banned
Ok so kids got drawn for opening day adult/child dove at Buck Shoals WMA.
I just called the area wrd office to get a little info about field, zone assignment, etc.
The lady on phone tells me that We can shoot Buck Shoals in the morning at daylight. I told her opening day shoots always start at 12 noon and she swears that this year it starts at daylight?
I asked if there was someone else like the area ranger that I could get confirmation and she said everything goes through her. She said she would confirm this and get back to me but she said she was confident that we don’t have to wait until 12. She read me the regulation book and said that it says nothing about waiting till 12:00 on this hunt. She said If hunt started at 12, it would say that in special regs.
I’m right about this aren’t I?

PappyHoel

Never heard about opening day starting before noon? How are the politicians going to give speeches if the hunting starts in the morning?

Possum

Banned
Just spoke with area manager and she was wrong. Shoot starts at 12:00

PappyHoel

Ok good, the politicians can speak before the dove shoot, all is well

Buckman18

You’ll have a good time! My daughter was drawed for the first ever dove hunt they had a couple years ago. It was a good shoot. This year, she got a point and we were drawed on broad river.

Possum

Banned
You’ll have a good time! My daughter was drawed for the first ever dove hunt they had a couple years ago. It was a good shoot. This year, she got a point and we were drawed on broad river.

We were there on that first hunt too. Had a great time.

You can start shooting them doves before noon. It just ain’t legal?

bradleyjanes06

They addressed changing opening day at a few DNR meetings but said there wasn't enough people to speak up to make the change. She may have been mistaken by that whole issue and thought it had changed.