Opinion on AR ownership

Brother David

Had this discussion yesterday . I thought I would share and hear from our Firearm Community .
In short , a firearm guy suggested that AR ownership be regulated similar to a concealed carry permit . Must have a license to own one.
My argument was that once the politicans get ahold of it it would be like , ownership of suppressors , etc. . Would require a outrageous tax stamp to own one .
I am 100 percent 2nd amendment NRA member , GOA supporter and not always politically correct . How do we address our rights without sounding compassionate about our rights .
I understand this is a Political question , but I wanted to hear from others who are compassionate about firearms .

Thanks for keeping it civil and forgive me posting a opinion question in our information threads .

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
No. Period. I don't think you should have to have a permit to own or carry any kind of weapon, anywhere. It's stupid, and contradicts our Constitution.

The same argument could be applied to the right of free speech-you need a license to own and type on a computer, typewriter, cellphone, or word processor. The only writings covered by the first amendment are those made with a quill pen and inkwell.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry but I don't trust Rashida Talib, Pelosi, Shumer and Ocasio Cortez to make any laws for me.
They are from a different world, one that doesn't include our Constitution or any of our history or values.

Geezer Ray

I feel my family is much safer in an enviroment where everyone with out mental issues is carrying. Who is going to pull a gun if they know everyone around them has one too. NO NO NO NO NO. Less is best when government is concerned.

MCBUCK

They are from a different world, one that doesn't include our Constitution or any of our history or values.

Agree 100%
These people believe they represent ALL Americans and fail to see the vast diversity in our country. That diversity includes country people who use these very weapons as tools and sometimes on a daily basis.
No. No. No. Not even open for debate.

Balrog

No. Period. I don't think you should have to have a permit to own or carry any kind of weapon, anywhere. It's stupid, and contradicts our Constitution.

The same argument could be applied to the right of free speech-you need a license to own and type on a computer, typewriter, cellphone, or word processor. The only writings covered by the first amendment are those made with a quill pen and inkwell.

Retweet.

Spot on.

How about we work on repealing the NFA?

transfixer

Retweet.

Spot on.

How about we work on repealing the NFA?

Exactly ! Absolutely no to any more licenses to own any type firearm, AR's are no more deadly than other weapons, just the media and the general public are too ignorant to understand that ! I can do more damage with a 12ga shotgun and a pocket full of buckshot than someone can do with a 30rd mag of 5.56,

You should be able to own a fully automatic weapon if you so choose, same with a suppressor, if someone does something illegal with them, then they'll have to answer for it, but otherwise there should be no problem.

I want a suppressor pretty bad, but I still have a problem paying the government to ask permission if I can own one !

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Nope, folks practiced with knives and other weapons can overcome a person with a gun at close range. Their logic would have folks licensing those deadly knives and sticks.

My gun’s primary purpose is to keep the government in check. I just happen to enjoy hunting and shooting. Why should we ask .gov for any permission when the gun is to protect you from .gov.

Lilly001

Gun control is about control. Guns are just a convenient vehicle.
ANY retreat from a RIGHT is a surrender to those that would enslave us.
Unfortunately the course the world is on now is toward more control of people not less.
Resist to the level you can. And hope that a few opportunities, like Mr. Trump, come along to slow things or give temporary reverses to the trend.
I fear less for myself, but more for my children.
So I now think deeply about when, how, and where to resist.

Lilly001

Just think. The USA is the last large nation in the world that has a population that could actually resist a tyrannical government.
Any proponent of a world government can't tolerate that.
And the sheeple will follow the "reasonable" changes to eliminate that threat.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
How do we address our rights without sounding compassionate about our rights.

Why should I not be as passionate about my 2A rights as I am for all the others?

In the list of things that kill people, guns are pretty far down a list, under a lot of other things that are less regulated than guns are already. In all of those other instances, the 'object' is never blamed...the person is.

With guns, conveniently, it's always the object that is to blame.

The argument or answer I always give when anyone questions mey'need' to own an AR, is either "come back and talk to me when you are equally as concerned about all the black on black crime in Chicago, or I just say "BFYTW", depending on my mood, and their attitude towards me at the time.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Why in the world would anyone need an AR. We have the best government critters in the world and their sole purpose in life is to make us safe and take care of us and the children. You can hardly find a news article about our government critters where they are not saying that very thing. Y'all just need to settle down and look at this reasonably and use some common sense reasoning ...............

Oh Yeah, that's why we might need them.

Brother David

Why in the world would anyone need an AR. We have the best government critters in the world and their sole purpose in life is to make us safe and take care of us and the children. You can hardly find a news article about our government critters where they are not saying that very thing. Y'all just need to settle down and look at this reasonably and use some common sense reasoning ...............

Oh Yeah, that's why we might need them.
:shoot::hammers:

Brother David

Why should I not be as passionate about my 2A rights as I am for all the others?

In the list of things that kill people, guns are pretty far down a list, under a lot of other things that are less regulated than guns are already. In all of those other instances, the 'object' is never blamed...the person is.

With guns, conveniently, it's always the object that is to blame.

The argument or answer I always give when anyone questions mey'need' to own an AR, is either "come back and talk to me when you are equally as concerned about all the black on black crime in Chicago, or I just say "BFYTW", depending on my mood, and their attitude towards me at the time.
I should have clearer . Compassionate about trying to stop gun violence . I believe true Patriots hate it for the loss of life , while others use as a form to control gun ownership .