Opinion on AR ownership

transfixer

I should have clearer . Compassionate about trying to stop gun violence . I believe true Patriots hate it for the loss of life , while others use as a form to control gun ownership .

You're always going to have criminals, crazy or deranged people, and those that have mental issues, you could make all guns illegal and hard to get and you'd still have killings, just look at Great Britain, no guns, people still killed people with machetes and knives, now they want to make those illegal, then they'll just use vehicles, or baseball bats, or garden tools, its not a gun problem, its a people problem

ryanh487

I won't be happy until I can buy a glock from a vending machine at the gas station. Any laws about firearms are infringements on the second amendment. Period.

bullgator

If they want to help society they should require a background check and permit to have children. We might stop child abuse, child neglect, welfare queens, and future criminals if we make sure they can afford to care for them and raise them.
Seriously, our rights come from our creator, not government. They can’t stand that because it does exactly what it’s intended to do. After the government protects us from each other, who will protect us from the government?.
What firearms does this person hold dear and will they be ok with the rest of us turning our back when they want to put the same regulations on those.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the day, governments didn't like ordinary people having swords and bows.

zedex

Gator Bait
Here in canada, having an AR is the same as having a handgun... it is classified as a restricted firearm. As such it cannot be used anywhere other than a gun range to knock holes in paper.
My firearms license allows me to have restricted and nonrestricted firearms but my handguns are at my cabin in Washington state. . I won't have any here.
Do not allow the govt reclassify the AR. You give them a little room and they will take the mansion

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Here in canada, having an AR is the same as having a handgun... it is classified as a restricted firearm. As such it cannot be used anywhere other than a gun range to knock holes in paper.
My firearms license allows me to have restricted and nonrestricted firearms but my handguns are at my cabin in Washington state. . I won't have any here.
Do not allow the govt reclassify the AR. You give them a little room and they will take the mansion

Listen to the man that has had to live it.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
The same argument could be applied to the right of free speech-you need a license to own and type on a computer, typewriter, cellphone, or word processor. The only writings covered by the first amendment are those made with a quill pen and inkwell.

That will be phase 2 if liberals get their way.

You're always going to have criminals, its not a gun problem, its a people problem

You hit the nail on the head!

GeorgiaBob

Absolutely, unequivocally, irredeemably, I will start shooting if you try, NO!

What part of, "shall not be infringed" is unclear?

Seriously, a modern semi-automatic rifle is NOT something that needs to be regulated, licensed, or restricted in any way. There are five common methods of producing a semi-automatic firearm, gravity fed cyclic, belt fed Browning open bolt, Kalishnikov AK style gas recoil, Garand exhaust gas operated, and the Armalite/Colt closed bolt gas operated. There are other ways to do semi - but those are the most commercially successful and each has been around over 50 years. All of those methods can also be produced as fully automatic or select fire. Why would anyone single out one and ignore others?

We don't license door locks or alarm systems - yet more people use them to secure their homes and families than firearms.

We don't register baseball bats, or hammers, yet those tools are used to kill more people in the US every year than semi-auto rifles.

We do not require training before letting people buy ladders, yet more people die from ladder accidents every year than firearm involved accidents.

We do license doctors, yet doctors kill TEN TIMES more people in medical malpractice in the USA - every year - than all firearm involved deaths combined!

We do license automobiles and drivers, yet automobile drivers kill more people than all firearm deaths - every year.

You cannot license my firearms. I will not register them. ANY attempt in law or regulation to do so is patently, clearly a violation of the US Constitution and is therefore null and void - per multiple clear decisions of the United States Supreme Court.

Big7

The Oracle
Not my cup of tea BUT you can
believe if I wanted one or 10, I'd have
them for sure.

I'm saving a little here and there for
a FN P-90 Carbine and FN FIVE-seveN
pistol, both chambered in 5.7X28

Carbine holds 50. Pistol holds 20.
Holographic Trij on both. That's some
SERIOUS firepower in a lightweight
set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Brother David

FYI , Virginia's new Democratic Governor submitted sweeping gun control for their State today . If you're not a Gun Owners of America member please look into it ASAP . Still support the NRA but definitely look into GOA they are lobbying hard for us gun owners !

Reactions: Dub

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I think the constitution and it's amendments should be our permit/licence. We shouldn't need another

rayjay

It's not take seriously but the American Indians are a perfect example of governmental incrementalism. Lots and lots of treaties were signed and all were broken. The Cherokee nation right here in north GA is a perfect example. They submitted in everyway and were still kicked off their land leading to the trail of tears march.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
How do we express our rights without sounding compassionate about our rights?

The number one thing is to keep a cool head. (it can be hard)

I find most people don't know any facts about the subject. All most know is the hysteria they have seen from the media. Memorize some facts. Point out that in the grand scheme of things, the amount of gun deaths is nothing in compared to vehicle, disease etc. etc.

example: aprox. 260 kids between 10 and 19 will die in car wrecks TODAY!

If someone starts throwing out mass shooting numbers. Ask them what constitutes a mass shooting. The more liberal media sources have started including anything over 2 people involvement as a mass shooting

Khondker

That firearms guy who said OP that AR ownership be regulated is a moron.

He belongs to anti gun community.

Mattval

It seems to me that gun owners always have to give up something. Always. I say no more!. We cannot compromise on anything else. An AR is just a rifle. A Semi-Automatic rifle. We have been shooting semi autos for 100 years.