Opinions on a buck.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ya`ll reckon this is the same buck? The first picture was in 2017, the second in 2018, from the same deer stand. Both shots were taken when the buck was in an aggressive stance and all bristled up. The double throat patch is visible in the first pic but while you can`t see it in the second picture, it`s there.

same 2.jpgsame 1.jpg

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I don’t think those are same deer... antlers is why.

I don’t think you can say for sure if those are the only two photos. Not enough like angles to tell.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Different deer. The first one's antlers look to be growing straight up. The second one's antlers are raked forward.

DSGB

Different

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, expecting them to not be the same, especially with the strong leaning in & forward tines configuration instead of the more upward reaching rack positioning. Hope you get more up close & personal encounters with these mature whitetails this season. Looking forward to more stories about 'em.

buckpasser

I’ll be the oddball. I say it’s likely the same deer based on the racks not looking totally different and mainly because the coat coloration looks identical to me. Front leg color fade is also spot on.

buckpasser

That’s based on the first pic of post 3, which honestly looks like a different buck than the other 2018 photos you put up.

Edit: It is definitely a different 2018 buck. One’s a nine which I think is your 2017 deer, and the rest are a heavy eight.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I think those last three pictures are all different bucks. Three bucks.

It`s not. The first picture is a buck I took a picture of in 2017. Every one of all the other pictures I got at the same time, as I watched him from the deer stand.

buckpasser

It`s not. The first picture is a buck I took a picture of in 2017. Every one of all the other pictures I got at the same time, as I watched him from the deer stand.

I see a 9 and 8 in the 2018 pics Nic.

Sixes

I'll guess same buck and he is getting old. That is the "furriest" looking deer I've ever seen, almost like his hair stays raised

Lot of mass increase

godogs57

I wouldn't think they were the same. Antler characteristics are different in those bucks. First buck has a normal configuration to his antlers. Second has a high, tight, sledrunner rack. pretty bucks!