Opinions on crossbow bolts

BDD

Are the higher $$$ bolts better? Are they more consistence ?

I was practicing with 3 bolts yesterday and I numbered them. Seemed like
Each one hit the same spot but each hit a slightly different spot.

I’m thinking about buying the more expensive one, but wondering if you all
See a difference in them over the $5 or $6 a piece ones.

I had three out of nine that wouldn't hold as true as the others. I removed them from the pack, but I can't answer your question.

transfixer

I bought Black Eagle Executioners to replace the ones that came with my crossbow, and I opted for the ones guaranteed straight within .001, it made a world of difference, so much so I can't shoot more than two at the same circle for fear of damaging a bolt.

For me they're definitely worth it !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Go to Wally World and get the Barnett headhunters.....done deal!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have tried gold tips, carbon express etc......I found a Barnett bolt with a NAP HEAD ON IT IN THE DIRT! I cleaned it up and it shot perfect. My friend has them and loves them, so I bought some and love them .

BDD

anyone know why the Ravin’s they sell at Academy says to only use on Ravin CB’s ?

They are 20” , .003 straightness. The only thing I see different is the knocks is rounded

A little bit, it looks like it clips on the string a bit.

BowanaLee

Its the spine thats the problem. You need the spine in the same place on each arrow. "spine indexed" Even then you'll have fliers. Its in the way the carbons wrapped and flexes. Pick out the ones that group together and hunt with them. Sometimes you can turn the nock and use the next vane as the cock vane and it'll bring it back into the group ? "nock tuning" You have 2 chances. If it works, re color your vanes with a magic marker. You can buy custom arrows that are spine indexed, spine sorted and weight sorted. I spine index my own with a ram spine tester. Like I said before, you'll still have a few fliers.

Tadder

Black Eagle's and Gold Tip Blastic. Seem to be better and as BowanLee has stated you need too work through them and you still may have a flier.

BDD

Wow, at over $100 for 6 Ravin’s .001, and $40 for a 3 pack of Rages that’s like $30 a shot.

Assuming you’re shooting at a deer and don’t recover the bolt.

Tadder

There's some folks got that much and more in regular bow arrow setups. It ain't about the $$$ it's about the way you enjoy the hunt. Some folks have thousand's of $$$ in rifle setups that can tac em at 500 yds. They may shot a deer at 10 yds. just saying. If we all worried about the $$$ we most likely wouldn't hunt. It's the Heritage and the experience you get. Up to you what you decide too spend $$$ wise.

BDD

It's not about the money, it's about knowing where my bolt is going to hit, and I can be confident in a clean fast kill. I didn't have that confidence with $5 bolts.

Dewayne w

Are the higher $$$ bolts better? Are they more consistence ?

I was practicing with 3 bolts yesterday and I numbered them. Seemed like
Each one hit the same spot but each hit a slightly different spot.

I’m thinking about buying the more expensive one, but wondering if you all
See a difference in them over the $5 or $6 a piece ones.
Yes jerrys arrows are more consistent. Bees stack together. They are spine indexed,weight matched,fly like darts 40 yds 1 inch group