Orange Beach Ala

Hunter/Mason

Came down Tuesday before the 4th. Brought my 3 kids and 2 more boys for my youngest sons Bday. Snapper was tough on the 4th. I messed up and let the 1st 2 snapper go both were 18” and I thought we would do better. Had 7 on the boat and could have kept 14 snapper. Well after releasing the 1 st 2 we fished the rest of the day and only caught 3 more keepers that were 16-17”. Friday came and I had some clients come up from Panama City and we ran 24 miles SW. we had a much better day bringing in a limit of 6 fish w 1 10-12lb snapper. Saturday came and none of the boys wanted to fish (Too many gurls running around down here I guess) Me my wife and daughter ran back SW but a few miles farther. And we caught some good 1s w my wife catching the biggest at 20lbs. We didn’t fish Sunday. Monday night I had to talk the 4 boys into hitting the dock lights and we wore out the trout and 1 slot red that we let go. Well then the fishing bug got 2 of the 4 boys and we hit the lights again last night. They caught over 100 trout most 1” shy of keeping but they kept 2 limits and both hit good reds. 1 20” by my youngest and a 30” by 1 of the boys we brought. There weren’t many reds on the lights this time and we caught 3 of the 4 we saw.B5F2195F-042E-4ACA-B8DC-1D32A1ABD99C.jpegC12989FD-DFA7-4DEC-A12F-181E657A05DB.jpegD91A582C-A3C7-4165-AF33-8A703E642497.jpeg93C1B530-E194-41AF-A9BB-B9949F42D76C.jpegAD60EBDA-D96E-4BB4-BECB-350BA579CE31.jpeg28EFB647-03CF-4856-801A-F316E4273A02.jpegB877CBB0-0C92-48BF-B953-481418D31DA4.jpeg0CB73296-4ED6-4DAD-955E-681B767640CF.jpeg9E84993F-6C9F-4D42-A0E9-F6F10ED22A81.jpeg

Hunter/Mason

All done in my 24’ Sea Pro bay boat. We had great weather other than record breaking heat. And was able to run the gulf at around 30mph all 3 days.

Rabun

Great week y'all had! I also run a 24' bay boat in the gulf. I tend to fish earlier in the season and have to deal with more wind so sometimes it gets dicey. Assuming you have a TL with spot lock? That snapper your wife boated is a beast! Bet that gave her a battle (y). Congratulations!

Hunter/Mason

Great week y'all had! I also run a 24' bay boat in the gulf. I tend to fish earlier in the season and have to deal with more wind so sometimes it gets dicey. Assuming you have a TL with spot lock? That snapper your wife boated is a beast! Bet that gave her a battle (y). Congratulations!

Oh yea we have to have very good conditions or I won’t go out. And yes I have a brand new Terova TM because last year I told my boys to pull the TM so we could head home from 14 miles out. We were running about 40 on the way in and it wasn’t locked all the way so when it touched the water at that speed it ripped it off the bow. So there’s a nice spot lock TM laying in 90’ of water somewhere out there. When I put this 1 on I bought a RAM mount that holds it too and keeps it from bouncing at all. All of my biggest snapper have come off a free line with the biggest baits I have in the well.

Rabun

10/4 on the weather. Curious what weather apps you monitor. I used fishweather.com (recommended by another forum member) this year for off shore wave and wind info. and it provided some good information. That and radar.

Dang...I bet you were torn up over loosing that. I've got a Terova as well and love it. I also catch the bigger snapper mid water column after getting them fired up. Can't beat a frisky live bait. We usually load up on pinfish and I'll sabiki some hard tails if we we see a school on the way out. Snapper and grouper love them...live or cut in half!

Hunter/Mason

Yep
10/4 on the weather. Curious what weather apps you monitor. I used fishweather.com (recommended by another forum member) this year for off shore wave and wind info. and it provided some good information. That and radar.

Dang...I bet you were torn up over loosing that. I've got a Terova as well and love it. I also catch the bigger snapper mid water column after getting them fired up. Can't beat a frisky live bait. We usually load up on pinfish and I'll sabiki some hard tails if we we see a school on the way out. Snapper and grouper love them...live or cut in half!

Tore up was a understatement, I coulda choked em. I really got so mad that I had to start laughing because there was nothing else that could be done.

Honestly I don’t use any apps. I look at noaa usually when we get there. My place is not too far from the pass so if we’re going we head out and if it’s too rough heading out the pass we will turn and go let the kids play on the island or go back and swap to inshore rods.

Joel

I almost called to see if you were down and would take my son and I out. We were there all last week. Wish I would've!

Hunter/Mason

Man I wish you would have. I doubt we get back down for a while we’re about to start building a house. If y’all go back let me know if we’re down I’ll put y’all in the boat.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!