Order of Resurrection

Artfuldodger

Philippians 3:21-22
But our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21who, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself, will transform our lowly bodies to be like His glorious body.

Luke 20:34-35
Jesus answered, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35But those who are considered worthy to share in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage.

Did I get married after the age to come? Did I get married after the resurrection from the dead?

Hebrews 9:28
so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

1 John 3:2
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

I must say it again, when Christ "appears" we will physically be able to see him on or near the earth. Within the earths atmosphere.

Acts 1:9
After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

They lost his appearance.

Acts 1:11
"Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."

We will regain his appearance.
All will see him, even those that pierced him, even those who are in the grave. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess. No more death, sorrow, or crying.

Jesus said "and if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you to Myself, that where I am, you may be also."
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

I'm pretty sure he will "appear" to share in the age to come and in the resurrection from the dead.

Colossians 3:4
When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Artfuldodger

When Christ comes back to establish his kingdom, how long will it be on the earth? When he hands over his kingdom to God, does it end or does God come to the earth/new Heaven to receive Christ's kingdom?
Christ will defeat all of the evil enemies you mentioned, the last enemy to be destroyed is death.
What happens to Christ's kingdom?[/QUOT

There's going to be a Renovation of the Earth by fire, Lucifer was the original ruler of the planet Earth, he started sin when he though he could dethrone God, and then God made man Adam to rule the Earth, which he fail to by sinning, and now we have Christ which defeated Satan, and Christ will be the ruler of the new Renovated Earth, The Earth will be eternal, can you not see that all things are going to be made back to just like it was in the Garden of Eden, prefect once again.

Will Christ return physically to the earth to rule his Kingdom or will he rule it spiritually from Heaven?
If Christ will be the ruler of the renovated earth for all eternity, why does he hand over his Kingdom to his Father and sit at his right hand?

I'm thinking that if some Christians have a physical resurrection and stay on the earth for a million years or an eternity that their King would be here physically as well.
I don't have a problem with the King being a spirit and us being spirits or the King being physical and us being physical.
I don't have a problem with the resurrection of Jesus being spiritual if our resurrections are spiritual.
What I have a problem with is the mixing of the two types. If Jesus had a spiritual resurrection, then so will I, if he in fact had a physical resurrection, then so will I.

Regardless though this Kingdom on earth. Will our King be here with us or rule spiritually from Heaven.
At least answer this, why does Jesus had over his Kingdom to his father after he has renovated the earth and again subjects himself to God?

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Acts 24:15 having a hope in God, which they themselves also await, that there is about to be a resurrection, both of the just and of the unjust.

About to be... Thousands and thousands of years from now? Oh well.

that is not KJV, NKJV, NIV, ASV

just what translation are you basing this on?

hobbs27

that is not KJV, NKJV, NIV, ASV

just what translation are you basing this on?

That's the Berean Bible, but it doesn't matter. Mello is used in the Greek and Mello means (about to).

ylt gets it right too.

Young's Literal Translation
having hope toward God, which they themselves also wait for, that there is about to be a rising again of the dead, both of righteous and unrighteous;

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
That's the Berean Bible, but it doesn't matter. Mello is used in the Greek and Mello means (about to).

ylt gets it right too.

Young's Literal Translation
having hope toward God, which they themselves also wait for, that there is about to be a rising again of the dead, both of righteous and unrighteous;

so, at least 6 other interpretations missed the interpretation, but 2 got it right. hhmm?

hobbs27

Artfuldodger

Yep... Greek it and weep!

Wow! looks like those Futurists took the same interpretation liberties as the Trinitarians;

Acts 17:31
because He set a day in which He is "about" to judge the world in righteousness by a "man" whom He appointed, having provided a guarantee to all, having raised Him out from the dead."

or;
because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness, by a man whom He did ordain, having given assurance to all, having raised him out of the dead.'

mellei-to be about to

In the South we say "I'm fixin to"

Hobbs, did all see him, even those that pierced him, even those who are in the grave? Did every knee bow and every tongue confess? Was there no more death, sorrow, or crying?
Even the Eskimos or was "every" just Jews?
Just tell me what you think, not Don Preston.

hobbs27

Wow! looks like those Futurists took the same interpretation liberties as the Trinitarians;

Acts 17:31
because He set a day in which He is "about" to judge the world in righteousness by a "man" whom He appointed, having provided a guarantee to all, having raised Him out from the dead."
Just tell me what you think, not Don Preston.

or;
because He did set a day in which He is about to judge the world in righteousness, by a man whom He did ordain, having given assurance to all, having raised him out of the dead.'

mellei-to be about to

In the South we say "I'm fixin to"

Hobbs, did all see him, even those that pierced him, even those who are in the grave? Did every knee bow and every tongue confess? Was there no more death, sorrow, or crying?
Even the Eskimos or was "every" just Jews?

Art.. See with physical eyes? No... Did all involved, the Jew's, and Christians understand the events as Jesus prophesied? Yes... Even those that pierced Him understood ( saw) that Jesus is Lord, when not one stone was left upon another.

Artfuldodger

1 Corinthians 11:26
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

John 6:54
The one eating My flesh and drinking My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day.

I'm sure there is a good explanation as to why we still partake of the Lord's Supper. We all have to finagle scripture to make it fit our beliefs.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

1 Cor. 15:24 -28; These verses all go together.

15:24 Then cometh the, meaning at the end of the Millennium. This proved by the fact Christ must reign 1,000 years to put down all rebellion and then deliver the kingdom to God that He may be all in all as before rebellion started (v 24-28; Rev. 20:1-10; 21:1-22:5).
end, meaning not the same end as in 1:8. Christ's coming brings that end, but this end will not be until 1,000 years later when all rebellion has been put down and the Earth made new (Rev. 20:1-10; 21:1-22:5).

15:27 he is Excepted, meaning the Father is the expected one.

15:28 Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him. Meaning the Son and His millennial earthly kingdom do not cease to exist for both are eternal . The Son will continue to reign under the Father forever after the earth is rid of all rebellion (Isa. 9:6, 7; Dan. 2:44, 45; 7:13, 14, 18, 27; Zech. 14; Luke 1:32, 33; Rev. 5:10; 11:15; 22:5).

15:28 that God may be all in all, meaning the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit will reign together throughout all eternity, as before the rebellion which made it necessary for them to take separate parts in the creation and redemption of all things (v 28).

In other words "all in all" means the Trinity re-combines from the earlier split?

Artfuldodger

Art.. See with physical eyes? No... Did all involved, the Jew's, and Christians understand the events as Jesus prophesied? Yes... Even those that pierced Him understood ( saw) that Jesus is Lord, when not one stone was left upon another.

John 5:28-29
Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming in which all those in the tombs will hear His voice,29and will come forth--those having done good to the resurrection of life, and those having done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

They may not have seen with physical eyes but they heard. Spiritual ears? I don't think it matters, physical or spiritual, they all heard. I'm OK with it being just spiritual. Did every dead person it every grave in the whole wide world spiritually hear Christ's voice? No matter where Christ was when he came? Heaven, the atmosphere, the earth, spiritually or physically?

Artfuldodger

15:24 Then cometh the, meaning at the end of the Millennium. This proved by the fact Christ must reign 1,000 years to put down all rebellion and then deliver the kingdom to God that He may be all in all as before rebellion started (v 24-28; Rev. 20:1-10; 21:1-22:5).
end, meaning not the same end as in 1:8. Christ's coming brings that end, but this end will not be until 1,000 years later when all rebellion has been put down and the Earth made new (Rev. 20:1-10; 21:1-22:5).

15:27 he is Excepted, meaning the Father is the excepted one.

15:28 Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him. Meaning the Son and His millennial earthly kingdom do not cease to exist for both are eternal . The Son will continue to reign under the Father forever after the earth is rid of all rebellion (Isa. 9:6, 7; Dan. 2:44, 45; 7:13, 14, 18, 27; Zech. 14; Luke 1:32, 33; Rev. 5:10; 11:15; 22:5).

15:28 that God may be all in all, meaning the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit will reign together throughout all eternity, as before the rebellion which made it necessary for them to take separate parts in the creation and redemption of all things (v 28).

Makes me wonder how many "ends" there may be. Maybe there was an end that was near in 70AD for Jerusalem as well.

"this end will not be until 1,000 years later"

OK, at this 2nd end or 3rd end, Christ hands over his Kingdom to God. Why is it called an end if it's not the end? Do you think it's just the end of the Millennial reign?

When you think about it, there never is a "the end." There will be a Kingdom or Kingdoms somewhere.
So the end in Corinthians 15:24 is just the end of the Millennial Reign of Christ. Not his reign per say as he continues to be a King. It just means that at that point he turns his earthly kingdom over to his Father as a junior officer would turn over a kingdom to his general.

That's a bad analogy as at that point the junior officer would no longer rule with the general. What you are saying though is that even though Jesus turns over his kingdom and subjects himself to God and takes his place at God's right hand, that he is still reigning with the Father and the Holy Spirit? That "all in all" means when The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit become a Trinity of Kings.

Artfuldodger

15:27 he is Excepted, meaning the Father is the excepted one.

The return of Christ at the first end and his reign until the next end, which really isn't "the end," where is Christ during all of this reign? Will he be physically on the earth, spiritually on the earth, or in Heaven but not yet at the Father's right hand?
I'm assuming that at the end of his millennial reign he is in Heaven reigning with his Father and the Holy Spirit, reigning spiritually over the Eternal Earth.

This is what gets me about these matters. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit or one part of that deity is ruling over us now, spiritually from Heaven. Yet one day the Son will return to rule physically or spiritually on the earth.
I get the part about Jesus needing to come back to restore and renew the earth. Still though this spiritual vs physical thing and the back and forth of it all is confusing regardless of what denomination we are.

It would be so much easier to understand if it was all physical or all spiritual.
We can go to Heaven as spirits. Perhaps even resurrect as spirits. We can go to heaven in a body of flesh & bones. Then when you add that the resurrection of Christ may have been spiritual but we will have a physical resurrection or Christ had a physical resurrection but we will have a spiritual resurrection, it can get quite confusing.

To die physically and go to heaven spiritually only to return to the physical?

Then all the eternal kingdoms, one in Heaven that some folks go to, one intermediate that we go to as spirits, a physical one on earth that we live in forever in resurrected bodies, another that we go back to in resurrected bodies. I just wish it was one or the other, spiritual or physical.

Last edited:

hobbs27

Matt 21:43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

The Kingdom was taken from the Pharisees and scribes... This is the Kingdom... Bride, that Christ takes back with Him.. Makes her and Himself subject to the Father again... Sits at the right hand ....That He reigns over His kingdom with the Father as the patriarch... And His Kingdom spreads over the whole world, that God be all in all or as the NLT translates, Everything, Everywhere.

Artfuldodger

Matt 21:43 "Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.

The Kingdom was taken from the Pharisees and scribes... This is the Kingdom... Bride, that Christ takes back with Him.. Makes her and Himself subject to the Father again... Sits at the right hand ....That He reigns over His kingdom with the Father as the patriarch... And His Kingdom spreads over the whole world, that God be all in all or as the NLT translates, Everything, Everywhere.

Going back to Corinthians 15, what kind of resurrection did Christ have? Then compare that to what kind of resurrection the dead saints had.
Do you consider what happens to us now when we physically die, not to be a resurrection? We just spiritually go to Heaven. Is that not a resurrection individually?
Next the kingdom come on earth. You say it is eternal as well. That Christ has already handed it over to God when he took it from the Pharisees. That Christ now rules over it with God, beside God, or as God?
The whole earth or whole world isn't the physical earth or world but the spiritual earth or world that makes up the bride.
Maybe I'm all wrong for trying to make something physical out of everything when it's just spiritual all along.
Thy kingdom has come but is spiritual only and is eternal. The earth has been renewed but earth here is just the spiritual believers of the physical earth. I'm trying to see why we still have death, sorrow, and crying.
Again I thought the renewal would be physical. I'd see and feel a new earth. I would see that there was no more death and sorrow.
Then again I thought I would see Jesus face to face. I thought every person in the ground would hear his voice.

Artfuldodger

How does this compare to the "end" in Corinthians 15?
Let's back up to 1 Corinthians 1:8
who also will sustain you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Banjo Picker mentioned that "end" as being different from the end in 15:24.

You are saying that this end in both the above verses was not like the end of the old un-renewed earth. The old earth wasn't replaced by a new heaven and earth in 70ad.
That the end was God taking the kingdom away from the pharisees and giving it to the new renewed world as in future gentile Christians.
That was the end that happened when God handed over this new kingdom to his Father?

I think I got all that, let's continue;

He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power?
Jews? Romans? Satan?

He has put all His enemies under His feet? Satan?

The last enemy to be destroyed is death? If death has been destroyed then we don't have to worry about sin any more as the wages of sin is death.

So that God may be all in all?
Jesus handing over his kingdom of Gentiles and the Remnant of Jews throughout the whole world in 70AD was considered God being "all in all?"
The Gospel being preached to the whole world was God being "all in all?"

Romans 14:11
It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"

Every meaning only the people alive in 70ad? The whole world, wait just the local believers. Those in the grave will hear his voice? Only at 70AD?

Anyway please explain "all in all" as when Christ took the kingdom from the pharisees, elected a Remnant form the Jews, and delivered the Gospels to the Gentiles as being "all in all."

The way I see it if one makes the coming of the Lord to be in 70AD, he then has to make everything such as the resurrection fit as well. It doens't make it any easier. It doesn't make the line any straighter.
This coming form one who has easily gave up his denominational indoctrination. I've removed my Futurist goggles and looked at it from a Preterist perspective. I've did this many times but it still doesn't fit.

I do still like to see the aspect of it all. Hearing the beliefs of others makes me study myself. To search deep into the scripture even though I'm looking through the glass darkly. I haven't seen Jesus face to face. To me that will be a future event.