Ordering Airline Tickets Online

QuakerBoy

Anybody ever do this?

I found a good rate with Air tran. for the feb hog hunt.

How does it work? do they send you tickets? or do you just pick em up at the gate?

Sorry for my ignorance but I've only been in an airplane twice so I'm kinda a novice :confused:

Dough

tickets.

Sometimes, they have you print a receipt, that's your ticket, sometime, they are waiting for you at the check in.
Last year, they assumed everyone had a printer so, if not, you had to get to the airport early to get a printed sopy to present at check-in, so they could give you a boarding pass (?)

reylamb

When I purchase tickets through Delta online, I print them out at the end of the transaction. I also know with Delta you can print your boarding ticket online also. With most online tickets, you print out a ticket and take that with you.

southernclay

I ordered some a few months ago off of one of the travel sites. I printed my confirmation. When we got to the airport we went to a kiosk deal, scanned the sheets, put in a credit card to verify and went to the airplane. Pretty easy, I did have to ask one of the employees where to go and they were helpful enough. It had been a while since I had flown also so it's not too bad.

QuakerBoy

thanks for your replies folks...that helps a lot.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Rich,

If I'm not mistaken once you have purchased your tickets you either print out your conformation at that time or the airlines will email you a confirmation. Once you have received your confirmation you can then log on to their web-site anytime within 24 hours of your flight and print yourself out a boarding pass as long as you have a printer. This will save you from having to stand in line at the counter or from having to use a kiosk.

I hate standing in lines so this is what I do on a regular basis.

I just hope you can get through security....:D

BTW, with the searches they do now, make sure you wear clean underwear and socks w/o holes....:bounce:

QuakerBoy

huntnnut said:
Rich,

I just hope you can get through security....:D

BTW, with the searches they do now, make sure you wear clean underwear and socks w/o holes....:bounce:

I hope so too.....ESPECIALLY coming back :bounce:

you wear underwear? :D

QuakerBoy

Well Milton...you successfully killed this thread :whip:

Al33

Rich,

Air Tran has won my allegiance. Best fares and easy on line booking. I tried Delta's on line system and was quickly convinced to try something different. I did, I called Delta, they again convinced me to go another route. Went with Air Tran and never regretted it.

Al

H

HT2

Rich.....

I bought some from Delta when I flew up to New York this past summer on line.....

It worked great!!!!!!!!!

I didn't need a receipt or anything......Just show up and check in and you're done.....

It's a pretty good process......Or it was that time anyways..... :type: :type: :type:

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
When I flew to Fl a few weeks ago to get my wifes new Eddie Bauer , I went to print my boarding pass the night before and it said it couldn't process my request and that I should go to the kiosk , I wasn't very happy because of the inconvience but when I got there I found out that the kiosk and the ticket counter are different there was no wait at the kiosk but I had been randomly chosen for further screening by TSA and to be honest it was a useless hassle , they used a $$$$ sign at the bottom right of my ticket as the signal for screening .

QuakerBoy

I heard they screen all democrats ::ke:

teethdoc

Booking online is the only way to travel. If you book online and only have carry on (not an option when hunting, b/c you have to check guns) there is essentially no line. Walk to the gate and board the plane.

QuakerBoy

Well,

I'm borrowin a gun......

but I still got a knife or 4 :(

QuakerBoy

it's cheaper to fly

and faster ::huh:

H

HT2

Jimbo.....

That's exactly why I'm drivin' up to you next fall......

And, I do expect to come back with a pickup load of deer!!!!!! :type: :type: :type: :type: :type: :type: