Our "Meth Lab"

Thread starter #1

Dialer

Bought a vintage 1992 30 foot "Challenger" motorhome a few months ago basically on a whim. Had never even owned a pop-up, but have been blessed with this monstrosity! It has a Chevy 454 engine with 115,000 miles on the odometer. Sounds CRAZY right?!?
Well, I bought it from a really meticulous gentlemen that answered all of my questions just right, and showed me Everything working like new, as well as a few thousand in new parts and professional repairs. We've had it out on 2 trips so far, and she performed flawlessly, although the 5.1 mpg we got was not quite expected. We were pulling a trailer with 2 motorcycles though. We don't care about the mpg as we really never go over 100 miles from home and probably never will. Very happy with our purchase!!!

Attachments

Wow, sounds like a great buy.

Had great fun when I owned a motorhome. As long as you use it often and keep it up, should give many years of good service.

3ringer

It looks great. Now go make some memories

T-N-T

Awesome!
I agree though, keep it rolling and not parked

PappyHoel

Enjoy your breaking bad vacations

Davis31052

I got Badger and Skinny Pete’s number if you need some help.

Sweeeeeeet !!! You're gonna hafta to park it under a shed, or at least tarp it...

Thread starter #12

Dialer

So wife found a "pool" of water on the end table in the bedroom after a rain storm. Removed covering inside cabinet and found tons of rotten wood. Ripped it all out, went on top, ripped entire area open with a box cutter. Hideous! Replaced wood and applied "Great Stuff" to upper surface and under ceiling in bedroom then smashed it all together with a 4 foot potted plant hanger from the yard, and 5 landscape bricks on the roof. Applied Home Depot sealant and Canyon Blue acrylic enamel from here at work that we paint the airplanes with, and wa-lah! no leaks after several torrential rain events, and we have the only RV around with a blue quarter top!

walters

Camper

Sound like a plan, "I think", never heard of anyone using airplane paint to fix one, but keep in mind they are like rolling tornados, seems shake loose, limbs rib across, u have to keep a sharp eye on the roofs and corners