Our "supposed to" was changed

StriperAddict

Our Supposed To Was Changed!
by Dan Camp

As believers in the Risen and Indwelling One the deconstruction/reconstruction of our thinking is not easy (Rom12v2).
It''s much like a bandaid. You want to remove it gently and slowly, but it's best to just yank it off and get it over with.

My old life is gone. I can continue to rely on the shell of it, the empty box, the shadow, which is the flesh/sarx in me. But the flesh, even the good-better-best side of the flesh, has always failed me.

Jesus is my new and total Life. He has never failed me. He will never fail me. I rely on Him completely, as my Life.
I yielded to and keep on yielding to Him in me. I let Him live His Life/my New Life thru me.

For many difficult years I was confused about my supposed to's. Now I understand that this is it. THIS is my biblical, real, true supposed to.
If I'm not "doing" this, I'm not doing any "work." If I am doing this, my entire existence is overflowing!
Memory verses - John6v29, 6v35, 11v25, 15v5, Gal2v20

Israel

BANNED
Our Supposed To Was Changed!
by Dan Camp

As believers in the Risen and Indwelling One the deconstruction/reconstruction of our thinking is not easy (Rom12v2).
It''s much like a bandaid. You want to remove it gently and slowly, but it's best to just yank it off and get it over with.

My old life is gone. I can continue to rely on the shell of it, the empty box, the shadow, which is the flesh/sarx in me. But the flesh, even the good-better-best side of the flesh, has always failed me.

Jesus is my new and total Life. He has never failed me. He will never fail me. I rely on Him completely, as my Life.
I yielded to and keep on yielding to Him in me. I let Him live His Life/my New Life thru me.

For many difficult years I was confused about my supposed to's. Now I understand that this is it. THIS is my biblical, real, true supposed to.
If I'm not "doing" this, I'm not doing any "work." If I am doing this, my entire existence is overflowing!
Memory verses - John6v29, 6v35, 11v25, 15v5, Gal2v20

As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

StriperAddict

Love the bandaid analogy. That’s something a lot of people struggle with but it’s very true
Agreed. I'm sure if we really understand that many of our old belief systems still get in the way of truth then what's left is to have a gentle but deliberate counter-attack and have God's truth and kindness evict them with our understanding and agreement!

We all need growth in our thinking, the great news is that this is the last and only Battlefield. Resting in God's love and grace is a means by which we can really live out his life and see the Fruit of the Spirit in spite of our weaknesses. His yoke is easy, burden light. ?