Outdoor Channel

We don't get the Outdoor Channel at home :( I was in a motel this week an
saw something that was very unusual. One of the shows had some odd artifacts from viewers.
The first was a section of Elk back bone with a flint arrow head thru the round portion, piercing into the spinal cord cavity. The next was a shed antler
with a broad head tip showing at the base, they speculate the buck was shot
after it shed an antler, but did'nt get killed. The broad head finally was grown over by new antler and shed the next year. Kind of a strecth to me on the broad head story. :flag:
GGB

D

dave

ga.greybeard said:
We don't get the Outdoor Channel at home :( I was in a motel this week an
saw something that was very unusual. One of the shows had some odd artifacts from viewers.
The first was a section of Elk back bone with a flint arrow head thru the round portion, piercing into the spinal cord cavity. The next was a shed antler
with a broad head tip showing at the base, they speculate the buck was shot
after it shed an antler, but did'nt get killed. The broad head finally was grown over by new antler and shed the next year. Kind of a strecth to me on the broad head story. :flag:
GGB

I shot a nice, healthy looking 8-pointer last year on the 4th day of gun season.

When I went to the processor to pickup the meat, there was a note attached to the bin that said "Arrow found in spine". The guy went into the back room and returned with a broadhead that had bone and tuff scar tissue surrounding it. I was amazed, as the deer looked 100% to me the day I shot it. I watched it approach and feed for 15 minutes. No limping, staggering, no anything.

Deer are tuff. I suspect elk are just as tuff.