Overlanding...

Anyone planned mg to attend Overland Expo at the Reeb Ranch. We will be there Friday & Saturday.

Loved following this and that it’s come back up. Maybe one day if and when the kiddos are gone (we are called to be foster parents so we may well always have kids around) I can talk the misses into doing this.

So I'm drifting back through this thread, thinking I need to meetup with Rospaw and his Pinzgauer truck, at the first decent snowfall, and take my Montero and rigging and go help him recover 4WD trucks out of ditches in North Georgia! :flag: What a cool truck!

But I digress...I've become a fan of the Mitsubishi Montero for overall utility, and reasonable cost, so much so, that I nominated it to be my tow rig for my Cargo Conversion Camper/Hauler, instead of my trusty 2WD E-150 Club Wagon Chateau. The Montero has AWD, 4WD, locking center differential, Hybrid (clutch and inertia) limited slip rear differential, 5-speed tiptronic shifter, 4.30 gears, independent suspension. Often an unsung hero in 4WD capability.

We like to bring the trailer for gear, then use it as a base camp to jump off to more adventures. The link below, connects to the cargo trailer website as well, caution folks, it may make too much sense, and take you down a path you weren't prepared to go.

Trip Report:
Towing with a Mitsubishi Montero