Ozonics

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I built an Ozone Closet two years ago. I think it works. I believe it reduces ordors from my clothes. I have a timer on mine (25 mins - boots too). When it is on, You definitely don’t want to breath in that stuff. There are a lot of people who do wierd stuff to eliminate oders (or replace them). I chose to do it electronically. Only an idiot goes into the woods with smelly clothes. And only an idiot doesn’t consider wind when hunting. I hunt off the ground to help control my odor - if people don’t do that, more power to them. Don’t hate me cause I use science.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I
I built an Ozone Closet two years ago. I think it works. I believe it reduces ordors from my clothes. I have a timer on mine (25 mins - boots too). When it is on, You definitely don’t want to breath in that stuff. There are a lot of people who do wierd stuff to eliminate oders (or replace them). I chose to do it electronically. Only an idiot goes into the woods with smelly clothes. And only an idiot doesn’t consider wind when hunting. I hunt off the ground to help control my odor - if people don’t do that, more power to them. Don’t hate me cause I use science.

Calling folks idiots ^

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I

Calling folks idiots ^

You might be an Idiot... if you go into the woods with smelly clothes and you don’t consider the wind when hunting.

But maybe not...?

I apologize to anyone who may have reason to take offense. I especially want to apologize to Dixiecutter. I come on this forum to learn from others and have fun. I can see how I might have sounded like I was a “know it all” or combative, that was not my intention.

I definitely did not want to offend people who have different personal hygiene standards than my own, or people who wear smelly clothes.

MikeyD6

Deleted
I bought a cheapo ozone generator from Amazon and rigged it so it pumps the ozone in a big Tupperware container using an air compressor set to a trickle. Put my clothes and boots in it, run it for an hour or so, then take the container with me and change when I get there. Definitely a jerry rig setup, but it works great and it cost me about 30 dollars, not including the compressor. I would never run an ozone generator where I would be breathing it in, that stuff is toxic!

shdw633

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I am an idiot. Less gear, hunt the wind.
There's a whole school of hunters, mostly older guys, who fry bacon and eggs, pet the dogs, stop for gas, before hunting, then smoke cigs in the woods. They'll sit on an old 5 galon hydraulic oil bucket the loggers left behind, in a stinky flannel jacket, and whack deer all season long with a 50 year old Sears and Roebuck 30-06. Nothing against ozonics, at all. Just carefull calling deerhunters idiots. They're not idiots, they just don't care. Hunting is not a list of rules to them, and lot's of them are having more fun than us.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
There's a whole school of hunters, mostly older guys, who fry bacon and eggs, pet the dogs, stop for gas, before hunting, then smoke cigs in the woods. They'll sit on an old 5 galon hydraulic oil bucket the loggers left behind, in a stinky flannel jacket, and whack deer all season long with a 50 year old Sears and Roebuck 30-06. Nothing against ozonics, at all. Just carefull calling deerhunters idiots. They're not idiots, they just don't care. Hunting is not a list of rules to them, and lot's of them are having more fun than us.

I'm pretty careless but not that careless. I'll put something on top of the 5 gal hydraulic fluid bucket so I don't get it all over me.bounce.gif

TomC

The most important part of success in anything is your attitude. If you use something that you THINK works whether is actually does or does not is irrelevant. If it improves your attitude, confidence or whatever that is all that matters. My dad chain smoked cigarettes, saw and killed as many deer as anyone I knew. I have had deer bust me one day for no apparent reason when I did everything RIGHT and the next day had deer downwind of me, 90 degrees, wearing net camo over slacks and a golf shirt I wore at work cause I was running late, sweating like a pig, not wearing any cover scent, didn’t spray my boots, have them look straight at me and the deer are STILL clueless to my presence. But if you THINK Ozonics works…….have at it!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Would like to try one eventually the primary place I hunt is set up so that the only place you can hunt is against the prevailing wind.

SRShunter

I have a cousin who smokes like a chimney and kills big bucks every year. Play the wind right and nothing else matters! Btw he kills most of them just sitting on the ground by a tree and of course smoking a cigarette

shdw633

Would like to try one eventually the primary place I hunt is set up so that the only place you can hunt is against the prevailing wind.

Try this first Throwback and see if that isn't enough to accomplish the results you are looking for. This can sit in a large container, just place a hole in the top section of the container for the cord to get through it. I say the top because ozone is heavier than air and sinks to the bottom. You can also put it in a closet or something like that....outdoors, of course, should you choose to make an ozone closet like I have done. No sense spending hundreds of dollars to try something out. If you find that you want to take it the next level you can always buy an Ozonics later on down the road if you feel you need to, but we have found that this seems to be working very well for us and the price of these units has gone down quite a bit since I bought mine.

shdw633

Try this first Throwback and see if that isn't enough to accomplish the results you are looking for. This can sit in a large container, just place a hole in the top section of the container for the cord to get through it. I say the top because ozone is heavier than air and sinks to the bottom. You can also put it in a closet or something like that....outdoors, of course, should you choose to make an ozone closet like I have done. No sense spending hundreds of dollars to try something out. If you find that you want to take it the next level you can always buy an Ozonics later on down the road if you feel you need to, but we have found that this seems to be working very well for us and the price of these units has gone down quite a bit since I bought mine.

Forgot to give you the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Commercial...329369&hash=item1ed828ca06:g:SfQAAOSwiDxdLuKc

Sorry about that!!!

Mark K

Banned
I have a cousin who smokes like a chimney and kills big bucks every year. Play the wind right and nothing else matters! Btw he kills most of them just sitting on the ground by a tree and of course smoking a cigarette
Got pics of his bucks? Prefer the ones last year and the year before.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I reckon I`m an idiot too.