• fad10d30.jpg
    fad10d30.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 80

dbodkin

Rich same place as mine is my guess. Ohiopyle, PA on the Yough

QuakerBoy

That's it Dave. Though I'm still not placing the one in your pic

dbodkin

Cucumber Falls on the South end of the river before the big bend up the hill to Greenbrier. Most of my family was born & raised there. My Dad went to Greenbrier School until he quit in 6th grade. Great Great Grand Dad is buried in the cemetery going toward Sugar Loaf Mtn. He was wounded at Petersburg VA and later died of his wounds during the War of Northern Aggression... Although he was a Yankee he had 2 brothers who were Johnny Rebs

Got to watch around the falls the reason they call it Cucumber Falls is the smell.... "Snakes" mostly copperheads.. tons of them :eek: :speechles

QuakerBoy

Ok....now I know where yer talkin bout :eek:

dbodkin

Down the Yough River in Ohiopyle.
This was the old Tressler homeplace where my Dad, and back to my Great Great Grand Daddy was born... Just and old shed now.... I slept many a night there and had the elmoelmoelmoelmoens scared outta me with stories told by my Uncle You can still see the outhouse:speechles

Attachments

• grannys.jpg
    grannys.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 61
  • ohiopyle1.jpg
    ohiopyle1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

QuakerBoy

Does your family still own the land Dave?

I have a buddy who would just LOVE to metal detect on the land if your family would allow him

dbodkin

Nope when my Granny passed on she donated the land to the Pittsburgh Conservancy. Which was later Annexed by the Ohiopyle State Park. 1100 acres prime huntin land... Too steep to farm. That's why my Grand Daddy was a lumber man.... Well that's what he told the government... He actually was a Moonshiner... My Great Aunt had a ton of stories about how the revenuers were always chasin him and could never find his still :D

Last edited:

QuakerBoy

what a shame....She could have donated the land to me. :bounce: