Panama City (lodging and eats) info??????

Slayer

Finally decided to go to Panama City to see what its all about.....I have never been toi the redneck riviera and wanted to ask for recommendations on the lodging an places to eat while down there....

this will be just a weekend getaway, so we aren't looking for a condo, just a motel/hotel close to the beach(doesn't have to be beach side but close) that wont cost us an arm or leg....

and a list of some good restaurants to try while down in that area....

any recommendations or input would be appreciated...

DYI hunting

Thunder Beach bike ralley is this weekend down at Panama City.

Tidewater hotel is nice. There is also a resort just west of CVS on Frontage Road with a big parking garage across the road that is very nice called Celadon - http://www.celadon-beach-resort.com/ That place is one of my wife's favorite.

Margaritaville is okay but the food is not that good especially for what you pay.

mbjr

We went last month for the weekend, been a few times, Eat at the "Boyou", good Crawdads when they don't run out and Aligator Tale is Delish!! and good Beer.

HOSS

Slayer

thanks for the reply...we were looking more for a hotel instead of a resort for this trip

maker4life

Many might not agree but I always hit Bishops Buffet for breakfast when I'm down there . It started as a spring break tradition and now it's just kind of like going back in time !

nate79

We have stayed at the Sleep inn and Suites on Front Beach Rd. It is a nice and fairly new hotel with pretty good rates. It's about a mile from the beach. Angelos Steak Pit is near it and has some awesome steaks!

cullyhog

can't go to the treasure ship - it burned down yesterday, but Scampi's is right around the corner just past Schooners. Great little place to eat, locals hang out there.

crackerdave

The best motel deals will be in town,away from the beach. It's only about a 20 minute drive.

Latest posts