Panoptix?

littleguy

I'm getting back into fishing again after 6 year layoff. I may have to redo my electronic s. I was running x70a and LMS350a but the screens have developed LCD burns? in the screen. There is a dark rectangular blob in middle of both screens and since technology has been expotentially advancd since I bought this setup, I am curious if I should upgrade. I won't be tournament fishing but still want. Enter units. So I'm trying to debate whether to stay with lowrance or go with the garmin and eventually get the panoptix upgrade.

For the lowrance I'm looking at HDS9 gen 3 with LSS2. I'm thinking of getting two one for trolling motor and running down scan with it networked to the console.

Then I saw the garmin panoptix with the forwards scanning tech and was blown away. Only downfall is I'm leery of adopting the first gen technology and then this setup with one unit will cost same as the lowrance setup with two units.

Anybody have any experience with the panoptix? I've been around the SI technology in friends boat and have a little bit of experience in what it can do but am very interested in panoptix.

Thanks!

TroyBoy30

I used it for 2 years and loved it for lanier. I switched up to test 360. Just sold the 360 to go back to panoptix. The live scope is new but it’s technically the 2nd version of panoptix. To get a complete garmin setup you’re going to want the unit, the ultra def scanning box and the live scope box. I’m waiting on both of those additional boxes to be built into the units coming end of year hopefully.

If you got with lowrance you’ll want the 3D box and transducer for the best side imaging results. If you have any questions, just pm me

This was taken on lanier when panoptix first came out

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

littleguy

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking of holding out for the panoptix adds you mentioned, maybe it'll bring costs down little bit if it's all one unit?.