Parlay cards

Thread starter #1
Use to be a little bar over in Westminster SC where you could get and turn in weekly parlay cards. I heard or seen and in years ! Do people still play em ??

Thread starter #4
Greg looking to make a quick dolla
You can't beat them thangs !! I use to fool with em years ago. I enjoyed it pretty much, watching the scores on the weekends ! Alot of fun for a dollar or 2 ! Like Sinclair says though, the machines against the wall took their place apparently ! Most folks on here proably nver heard of a parlay card !

Last edited:

Cmp1

Swamp Yankee OABA Recipient
You can't beat them thangs !! I use to fool with em years ago. I enjoyed it pretty much, watching the scores on the weekends ! Alot of fun for a dollar or 2 ! Like Sinclair says though, the machines against the wall took their place apparently ! Most folks on here proably nver heard of a parlay card !
Never heard of them,first for me,,,,

A few of the kids used to run them when I was in grade school and high school. Mid and late 70’s. Never hit one.

And a coworker, early/mid 90’s. I didn’t get any better at it.

Living in a town partially built on it, I figure I would be worse at it now, and don’t even try.

Been a couple years since I played one. Buddy used to pick 'em up at his barber shop! Enjoyed the challenge! Yale was always a good pick whether they won or lost!

We used to have the punchboards here, but I don't remember the cards.

Duff

Oh yeah. Somebody made a lot of money with those things. Rarely remember anyone winning. Myself included

VFW, Blakely, Ga. circa 1977.
Had to have a membership card to get in the door.
Slot machine just inside to the left of the door.
Stuck a quarter in it every time I walked in.
Hit the jackpot one Friday evening, paid $45.
Bartender then informed me winner had to buy a round for the house.
Place was packed on a Friday evening.
Cost me $37 out of pocket to hit the jackpot.
Never plugged another quarter in to that piece of carp.

I used to play them every week. Hit a streak one time and won 4 weeks straight. Decided I was money ahead and stopped for a week or so and the guy wouldn't let me play anymore. Lol. It's was pure luck anyway.