Parlay cards

greg_n_clayton

Use to be a little bar over in Westminster SC where you could get and turn in weekly parlay cards. I heard or seen and in years ! Do people still play em ??

sinclair1

Those folks are in the back of convenience stores playing those machines today.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Greg looking to make a quick dolla

greg_n_clayton

Greg looking to make a quick dolla
You can't beat them thangs !! I use to fool with em years ago. I enjoyed it pretty much, watching the scores on the weekends ! Alot of fun for a dollar or 2 ! Like Sinclair says though, the machines against the wall took their place apparently ! Most folks on here proably nver heard of a parlay card !

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Played them back in the seventies and eighties. Also had to have a Lenards losers

Cmp1

BANNED
You can't beat them thangs !! I use to fool with em years ago. I enjoyed it pretty much, watching the scores on the weekends ! Alot of fun for a dollar or 2 ! Like Sinclair says though, the machines against the wall took their place apparently ! Most folks on here proably nver heard of a parlay card !
Never heard of them,first for me,,,,

georgia_home

A few of the kids used to run them when I was in grade school and high school. Mid and late 70’s. Never hit one.

And a coworker, early/mid 90’s. I didn’t get any better at it.

Living in a town partially built on it, I figure I would be worse at it now, and don’t even try.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard of one. I had to look it up.

Shug

I played them, played the game boards, and punch boards also

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was know to drop a couple of bucks on one back in the day.

wvdawg

Staff member
Been a couple years since I played one. Buddy used to pick 'em up at his barber shop! Enjoyed the challenge! Yale was always a good pick whether they won or lost!

greg_n_clayton

NASCAR race pools are popular around here now !

leroy

When i was 10-12 yrs old me and my dad and one of his friends would go deer hunting then they would drop by this guys house and pick up or turn in their cards lol

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We used to have the punchboards here, but I don't remember the cards.

Duff

Oh yeah. Somebody made a lot of money with those things. Rarely remember anyone winning. Myself included

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
VFW, Blakely, Ga. circa 1977.
Had to have a membership card to get in the door.
Slot machine just inside to the left of the door.
Stuck a quarter in it every time I walked in.
Hit the jackpot one Friday evening, paid $45.
Bartender then informed me winner had to buy a round for the house.
Place was packed on a Friday evening.
Cost me $37 out of pocket to hit the jackpot.
Never plugged another quarter in to that piece of carp.

LTZ25

Those folks are in the back of convenience stores playing those machines today.
Played golf with a printer that ran his on parley cards , he made a lot of money very Sunday morning , but they were fun way to gamble , the state of ga. should start running them .

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I used to play them every week. Hit a streak one time and won 4 weeks straight. Decided I was money ahead and stopped for a week or so and the guy wouldn't let me play anymore. Lol. It's was pure luck anyway.