Passionate CFB Fans and NIL

GTMODawg

BANNED
Feinbaum did an interview with a lawyer from Miami who is footing a large portion of the UM NIL deals and the conversation was interesting. This guy is spending millions on NIL deals and by all accounts is an astute businessman. He probably ain't just tossing money away and expects a return. That being said I don't know that anyone is considering the nature of CFB and the passion of CFB fans. It is vastly different than pro sports. If you get Bryce Young to hawk your wares in Alabama is there any chance that you ain't going to alienate Auburn fans, not mention the huge number of CFB fans suffering from Alabama fatigue across the nation??? I have seen heated arguments almost come to blows at family reunions and weddings in April and May in Alabama over the iron bowl. There is nothing at all logical about being a CFB fan, especially to the degree that many of us are....I know I ain't buying nary a Dr. Pepper product because of them hiring that QB from Clem's Son to sell their stuff. Not that I would have anyhow but I for certain ain't now. I know I ain't alone in that....I have heard other UGA and USC fans say something along the same line. The NFL, NBA and MLB are different in that many of their fans are not emotionally tied to teams but the game because the team is nothing but laundry anyway, to paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld. When Herschel Walker was at UGA folks in Florida DESPISED him. When Tim Tebow was at UF folks across the south felt the same way. That emotion has tempered in the passing of time but when they were at those schools had they tried to throw a life jacket to a drowning fan of an opposing team the person would have chosen death....trying to sell them a F150 is going to be a stretch..,....

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I think that lawyer is smart and will make his money back many times over but I hate what college sports will become.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I think that lawyer is smart and will make his money back many times over but I hate what college sports will become.

Which is why me abandoning college sports is in the cards in the very near future.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Which is why me abandoning college sports is in the cards in the very near future.
Looks like non-athletic scholarship Division 3 schools and lower will be the only college sports worth watching anymore. Everything else will be bought and sold to the highest bidder.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Looks like non-athletic scholarship Division 3 schools and lower will be the only college sports worth watching anymore. Everything else will be bought and sold to the highest bidder.

I absolutely think that we are headed to one super conference of about 32 teams who are loosely at best associated with Universities and the other 130 or so will continue to do business as usual. They won't have the TV money some are getting now but they will find a way. There will be some GOOD football at that lower level also....The superconference will be the marquee games on Saturday but Wednesday - Saturday there will be some really good football for fans to watch where the players are actually students and while they may be getting some money from the local ford dealership they aint shopping NIL deals in middle school......it'll take a few years but I think thats where we are headed.....at the end of the day only 2% of CFB players make it to the NFL and even fewer make a living for long in the league.....the majority of those will play in the superconference....but there will still be the other 98% to fill out the rest of those teams and all of the teams not in that conference.

The superconference will be granted the same kind of quasi anti-trust legislation that is enjoyed by pro leagues and it will be manageable with 32 teams where it simply isn't with 160 or so. There will be some GOOD football between the likes of NC State and Mississippi State and some GREAT football between a semi pro UGA and semi pro USC or Oregon. It'll be a slug fest between the last 16 teams in and the first 16 teams out but I think thats where we are headed....

Madsnooker

As long as the product on the field is anywhere close to what it is today, you could not pry me away from CFP , especially UGA football,, with a crowbar.
Like I've said before, no one likes change and what we have grown up to love. With that said, at the end of the day, is there really going to be that much change on fall Saturday afternoons? Giving players money and cheating has been apart of college football for as long as I have been watching. The conferences with the most money will be at the top as they always have and the teams that traditionally get more of the best players will continue to do so. Yes there will be exceptions to that as there always have been but I don't think in 10 years the top 40 teams will look much different then today?

GTMODawg

BANNED
As long as the product on the field is anywhere close to what it is today, you could not pry me away from CFP , especially UGA football,, with a crowbar.

Me neither. I am a junky and there ain't no cure for it. The amount of time and money I have spent on CFB is disgusting but I have enjoyed every moment of it, even when UGA is getting beat like a rented mule. At times the misery is as much fun as the happiness LOL. It is a sickness.

Madsnooker

Me neither. I am a junky and there ain't no cure for it. The amount of time and money I have spent on CFB is disgusting but I have enjoyed every moment of it, even when UGA is getting beat like a rented mule. At times the misery is as much fun as the happiness LOL. It is a sickness.

My wife has walked in while I'm watching an old OSU game from years ago and she just shakes her head and tells me I need help. :ROFLMAO:My wife and kids also know that while I'm watching OSU during the season don't walk up and try to catch up on life's issues!!!! o_OThey know I don't hear a word their saying and I'm frankly not that pleasant to be around If the game is close.:oops::p It's sad and I try to do better but it's a battle. :bounce:Now if their blowing someone out then it's all good.:ROFLMAO:

With all the uncertainty and issues going on, I will not be a hypocrite and tell you guys my days are numbered watching it. The season can't get here quick enough!!!!!;)

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
They know I don't hear a word their saying and I'm frankly not that pleasant to be around If the game is close.:oops::p
I'm surprised she didn't file for divorce 11-28 last year. ::ke:

Must be true love:lovey:

Madsnooker

I'm surprised she didn't file for divorce 11-28 last year. ::ke:

Must be true love:lovey:
Thank goodness she wasn't home during the game. facepalm:Funny story though during that game. I was on the phone with my father in law (Dan) in Ohio and he was watching the game in his man cave in the basement. He is as avid a fan as I am. While on the phone with him, um had just scored to go up 2 tds and at that moment his wife was coming down the stairs (she doesnt care about football)and I could over hear her tell Dan that she had a great scripture verse she wanted to read him. :rofl:His response hollering at her was the funniest thing I've eve heard. ? Obviously she was oblivious to the gravity of the situation and walked into a hornets nest. :bounce:

GTMODawg

BANNED
Thank goodness she wasn't home during the game. facepalm:Funny story though during that game. I was on the phone with my father in law (Dan) in Ohio and he was watching the game in his man cave in the basement. He is as avid a fan as I am. While on the phone with him, um had just scored to go up 2 tds and at that moment his wife was coming down the stairs (she doesnt care about football)and I could over hear her tell Dan that she had a great scripture verse she wanted to read him. :rofl:His response hollering at her was the funniest thing I've eve heard. ? Obviously she was oblivious to the gravity of the situation and walked into a hornets nest. :bounce:

Id bet she did it on purpose if he is a real fan and they have been married more than a few seasons. Luckily my wife and kids are as bad or worse than I am. They'd have tossed me out of the house years ago were they not.