Paul the Pattern

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
In the Bible at 1st Timothy 1:16 the Apostle Paul proclaimed that "in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a PATTERN to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting." The word "first" is translated from the Greek word "Protos" meaning first in time or place.
In 1st Timothy 1:15, the verse that proceeds verse 16, the Apostle Paul proclaimed "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."
The word "chief" is translated from the same Greek word "Protos" which means that the Apostle Paul was the beginning of something new, the first of sinners saved by Grace under a new dispensation, the dispensation of the Grace of God.

In Ephesians 3, the Apostle writes "For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: How that by revelation he (The Lord Jesus Christ) made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
This revelation of the mystery is referred to by the Apostle in Romans 16:25,26 "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to MY gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith."
The Apostle Paul refers to this as "my gospel", and as the "dispensation of the grace of God which is given unto me." This gospel the Apostle received from the risen glorified Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven is not the same gospel that was preached of the twelve apostles and Christ when he was here on earth. Neither is it the same gospel that was preached on the day of Penticost by the twelve to the nation of Israel. The gospel that the twelve preached was the Kingdom gospel that had to do with the promises and covenants made to the nation of Israel. The nation as a whole rejected their risen king and they as a nation were set aside as the Apostle Paul refers to this in Romans chapter 11 and note verse 25 of that chapter, (UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.) and also in Acts 28 verses 25 through 28.

In this Dispensation of the Grace of God men are saved by the gospel given to and through the Apostle Paul by the risen glorified Lord Jesus Christ. This gospel centers on the Cross of Calvary and what was accomplished there. In 1st Corinthians 15 the Apostle says "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received (from Jesus Christ), how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.

The book of Romans, written by the Apostle Paul goes into great detail about man's condition and Paul's own condition. In Romans 5 he states "when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly....while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us....when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son." We see from God's Word that man is powerless to save himself but God provided the way.
The way is Faith "Believing" in what God did for us at Calvary. The Lord Jesus Christ took all our sin upon himself and died for our sins on the cross. We look to the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross and exclaim "this is not his death he is dying, he was not guilty of sin for he was sinless and blameless, he died my death for my sins. The wages of sin is death and the Lord Jesus Christ paid the full price for our sin. This payment was made once and is complete. He was raised from the dead for our justification and this is complete. The Apostle Paul says in Collosians 2:10 that we are complete in Him (Jesus Christ). And in Ephesians 2: 6,7 he proclaims "And hath raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus." This is the way God now sees ALL who have BELIEVED in Jesus Christ and we are accepted in the beloved.
We are identified with Christ in his death, burial and resurrection and this is the gospel of our salvation made known to us by the Lord Jesus Christ through the Apostle Paul, the revelation of the mystery, the current dispensation of the Grace of God.

NoOne

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."

Last edited: