Paved Paradise!!

Guy

OK I hate thatsong but, they are taken down trees in in back of an office park on some county or state greenland I bow hunt in to builf office condos! :(

I bowhunt this area that has strips of sewer road buffers near my subdivision. Great place. There is about another 35 acres that adjoins the buffer on one side. All greenland, no posted signs. Been hunting their for years. Worse is, there is a huge ten pointer that my neighbor saw the other day. Probably the same one I missed two years ago.

This morning a buddy of mine and I went to hunt over there. About 8:30 we hear some big machine. My buddy looks over from where he was and sees the tops of trees just getting mowed down. Than what sounded like a giant saw started cutting. We left and were pretty bumbed!

Funny thing is, we have empty office space all over. why build more?

BEsides a primo place to get my bowhunt fix so close to home, I most likely won't be able to ride the 4 wheeler or dirtbike.

Ga-Spur

Pretty awful most of these 4 - lane highways out in rural Georgia are not needed.

Al33

Bummer for sure.

Same thing happened to me in Cobb a couple of years ago.

More than the anti's or anything else, I think "progress" (term used loosely) has a bigger negative impact on hunting. The painful part of it is there is nothing we can do to stop it, short of the economy shutting down. ::huh:

Al

Jody Hawk

Get used to it cause like it or not it is coming. I growed up hunting the area where Monroe's WalMart, Winn Dixie and Waffle House now sit. There are numerous subdivisions in Walton and Newton Countys where my Daddy had permission to hunt quail. The developers have the money and how do you stop it when the county commission approves every rezone that comes before them? :confused:

H

HT2

Growth.......

YOU AIN'T GONNA STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNFORTUNATELY................ :rolleyes: :eek: :(

It's a sign of the times.......

What's it gonna be like in 30 years????? ::huh: :speechles :eek:

H

HT2

Jody......

Unfortunately.......

I'm afraid you are right....... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Rock Bottom

I know how you feel I hunted some land in north Fulton for years and man us I ever bummed when they started builbing houses but its not just the developers that make the money yes they make alot off these developments but there are a lot of people on here that make money off of it to myself inclued.I'm into deer hunting big time and hopfully will never give it up but when it comes to making a livin for the family or deer,boys I've got chose my family

I complain about all the buildin going on too but every new house that goes up is a potentical(spelling)job

Rock Bottom

Guy

Looking at the bright side!

someone told me to keep hunting that place until they start to pick up all the trees and start building. He said the deer will flock to feed there for the ripe tree tops. :bounce:

I'm goin' in. Gonna sit in one of them tree tops as a natural blind. Gotta watch out for snakes though!! ::gone: