PB gobbler this morning

baddave

as far as a tape measure goes. Came out here to spend the week spraying sweetgums and dog fennel preparing to plant but heard this gobbler sound off. I'd like to give kudos to @doomtrpr_z71 for helping to guide me through this spray process. For a very mature gobbler he cooperated very nicely. 10 3/4" beard 1 1/4" spurs. I don't know how many of yall measure tails but this one is 28.5" he weighed 20 lb. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_20230418_194433_970.jpg
    IMG_20230418_194433_970.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Love the multitasking!!! @baddave have you got some more photos of that big boy? Maybe one with the sun shining on that bird some more? Looks to me like you might have killed one of those Rio Easterners…..and the ruffled ends on his feathers makes him look old to me.
Either way what a great bird! Congrats :cheers:

baddave

Woohoo! Love the multitasking!!! @baddave have you got some more photos of that big boy? Maybe one with the sun shining on that bird some more? Looks to me like you might have killed one of those Rio Easterners…..and the ruffled ends on his feathers makes him look old to me.
Either way what a great bird! Congrats :cheers:
Thanks brother but I'm never going to get a good picture of anything bc I am always by myself and I'm just not a good photographer lol

Doug B.

as far as a tape measure goes. Came out here to spend the week spraying sweetgums and dog fennel preparing to plant but heard this gobbler sound off. I'd like to give kudos to @doomtrpr_z71 for helping to guide me through this spray process. For a very mature gobbler he cooperated very nicely. 10 3/4" beard 1 1/4" spurs. I don't know how many of yall measure tails but this one is 28.5" he only weighed 20 lb. Thanks for looking
Good job on a great gobbler, but, "only 20 lb".??
Twenty pounds is a great turkey for anywhere!!!!

baddave

Good job on a great gobbler, but, "only 20 lb".??
Twenty pounds is a great turkey for anywhere!!!!
You're right, I will edit that. Sounds like I was trying to sound conceded or something. It just was hard acquiring some scales and I was surprised that he was "only" 20 lb. It seems everything feels heavier the older I get. I would not have been surprised if he was 25, so to me it was "only " 20

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I've never measured a tailfan with a tape but I do like big tailfans!

I commonly use the measurment "windshield".
I'll say "man that birds got a tail fan big as a windshield!!!!!"

Congrats on a fine bird!!!