PCB last weekend

Thread starter #1
I was down there on vacation for a few days and I was able to get out and do some fishing from the kayak. Friday morning the top water bite was good and I was able to find some trout along with a short redfish and a jack crevalle. Saturday morning I was able to catch one keeper trout before the lightning got a little too close for comfort. I was able to catch it on a z-man shrimp on a weighted hook. This was only the second time in the kayak on salt water and a great learning experience.

Attachments

Wanderlust

Bought some Z-mans flukes this year and caught some really nice trout and redfish on em. Really like how tough they are, last 20 times longer than gulp.

jasper181

Next time you are down that way put in at Pretty Bayou boat ramp and fish the grass flats out in north bay right outside the bayou. There are several flats with dredged strips running through so bigger boats could get to the shipyard. We used to keep the boat behind the engine shop over there and it was dredged to 14ft for us. Some of the best trout fishing ive ever done was through there, Ive caught some monsters all through that area.