Pellet Grill/Smoker

TinKnocker

I have been looking at making a purchase for a while now and think I have settled on one. So far price VS value it seems to be the best I can find. Everything inside is stainless and should last a lot longer than some of the other lower end units not using SS.

Anyone have/use one of these for some real time feedback?

Outdoor Gourmet Triton XL

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/outdoor-gourmet-triton-xl-pellet-grill#repChildCatid=4946079

I have also considered one of these due to being able to open the drip pan slide and grill on it as well. So I could consolidate from a cheap smopker and a cheap charcoal grill to a pellet that does both. Opinions on this are welcome as well.

Pit Boss 700FB

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss...66001f5-9c519a6a-fe1289bd7b414468&athena=true

IIICrkRepr

Was in Beaufort SC for Thanksgiving this past year and had a turkey smoked on a rectec, bird was delicious, skin crisped up nice, I was jealous at the ability that thing had to control temps. It was built well too.

Reactions: Dub

Triple C

On my 4th year with the Traeger Texas Pro and love the pellet grill. My next will either be a Rectec or Yoder, both made here in the good ol' USA. 2 buddies have Yoders and a couple more have Rectecs. Traeger and most of the others are now made in China. Not slamming on my Treager cause I've had no issues with it but I can tell the fit is not as precise as the Rectec or Yoder. Another one I've recommended to a couple of buddies is the Cabela's brand. It's a little heavier than my Traeger and seems to be built like a tank. Also has a sliding drip pan to allow for direct grilling over the firebox. And with Cabela's you get the lifetime gurantee.

Prolly won't be disappointed with whatever you buy. It is very nice to set to the desired temp, put the meat on and walk away.

jbogg

Check out CampChef if you haven’t already. Had a few more features than similarly priced competitors including a built in digital internal meat thermometer, pellet hopper drain, and quick slide ash dump. Not sure if it comes in stainless.

olewarthog

This is higher up the price chain, but check out the new Assassin Pellet Grill.
http://www.assassin-smokers.com/pellet-grill/

I have an Assassin 17 Gravity Feed Smoker & an Assassin 36" charcoal grill. The quality of Assassin products is top of the line & the customer service is second to none. Plus, they are made in state in Macon, GA. The pellet grill is built on the 36" charcaol grill chassis.

TinKnocker

Thanks for the feedback everyone. With a baby due in 6 weeks, I was shopping on a budget. I decided on the Gourmet model. I actually ran across one on Facebook marketplace from a scratch and dent wholesaler for half the price and still had the plastic on the grates. Its basically new minus some scratches. Gonna put a butt on it overnight for a good break in. :cool:

IMG_0996.JPG

Triple C

Thanks for the feedback everyone. With a baby due in 6 weeks, I was shopping on a budget. I decided on the Gourmet model. I actually ran across one on Facebook marketplace from a scratch and dent wholesaler for half the price and still had the plastic on the grates. Its basically new minus some scratches. Gonna put a butt on it overnight for a good break in. :cool:

View attachment 936095

TK...You cook anything on that Pit Boss yet?