people will die

Bigtimber

I hate rap....but I feeling a lil jiggy watching that lol

turkeykirk

I can honestly say that if not for the news I wouldn’t know that the government has been shut down for 3 weeks. Hasn’t affected me at all as far as I can tell.:biggrin2:

dwhee87

I can honestly say that if not for the news I wouldn’t know that the government has been shut down for 3 weeks. Hasn’t affected me at all as far as I can tell.:biggrin2:
Sshhhhh. They don't want that getting out, or everyone will realize the non-essential government employees aren't really needed.

Is this the deadly consequences of federal union workers, who earn an average of $85,000 a year, missing a paycheck like Nancy promised a few days ago? Or is this a new crisis where "people will die?"

PappyHoel

NOYDB

There you go, getting my hopes up.

Ruger#3

Staff member
These folks aren’t dieing or losing their jobs. Welcome to a miniscule dose of the realty many have faced.

Eight days after declaring bankruptcy, Delta Air Lines announced it will cut as many as 9,000 jobs, or 17 percent of its 52,000 employees. The new layoffs are in addition to the 24,000 job cuts the company has implemented over the last four years. By the time the latest round of downsizing is completed, Delta, the third largest carrier in the US, will have eliminated 39 percent of its workforce since 2001.

NOYDB

But the CEO still get's a paycheck and his pension is fully funded.