Peoples Lake federal

tonyrittenhouse

Folks, I get a laugh at all the people on here wanting to know were peoples lake is to go hunting. I will be the first to tell you the truth. I grew up in Chatsworth and hunted peoples lake area for many many years. The reason I hunted it is because it was close to were I lived and I just did not have anywhere else to hunt. There are some big deer there but, they are few and far between. your talking about probably less than 5 deer per square mile. And that varies depending on the acorns. It's rough land steep mountains with few deer. But, like I said I have seen some big bucks come from there just don't expect to even see a deer if you go hunting there. It has been several years since I have hunted that area and don't ever plan on hunting it again. There are better places to hunt with a lot more deer. I live one county over from there now and I have heard of peoples windows getting knocked out while riding the rock creek atv trail located there. oh, and if you have kids that want to get into hunting please don't take them to peoples lake. I use to take my kids there and we hardly ever saw a deer and I would make them climb those steep ridges. So, out of 3 sons I only have one that has a slight interest in hunting. Take them somewhere that they can see a deer ever once in a while and it will not kill them climbing mountains. Well, just wanted to let everyone know the truth about the place. Good Luck

Timber1

BANNED
The bears outnumber the deer that's for sure.
Never had a problem with theft over there yet.
Did have to push a passed out drunk in his car off the bridge one time.

Possum

Banned
I’m selling guided hunts this year to the famous “Peoples Lake Forest” please reserve your spots now as they get filled up fast. $500 for half day hunt or $800 full day including pb&j lunch.

DAVE

I’m selling guided hunts this year to the famous “Peoples Lake Forest” please reserve your spots now as they get filled up fast. $500 for half day hunt or $800 full day including pb&j lunch.
I would like to reserve Thanksgiving week in 2019, do you need deposit? Is this a one on one hunt? What kind of lodging do you have? I am not interested in your success rate as I already know Peoples Lake is as good as it gets. Can I take more than one trophy buck? I also have read you have an abundance of B&C bears that I am interested in depending on cost. Should I bring my own fishing tackle for the off hours or do you provide that for the trophy trout? Speaking of trout is the 25 inch rule still in effect? Looking forward to hearing from you. Going to be a long wait for 2019. Thank you, Dave

Possum

Banned
I would like to reserve Thanksgiving week in 2019, do you need deposit? Is this a one on one hunt? What kind of lodging do you have? I am not interested in your success rate as I already know Peoples Lake is as good as it gets. Can I take more than one trophy buck? I also have read you have an abundance of B&C bears that I am interested in depending on cost. Should I bring my own fishing tackle for the off hours or do you provide that for the trophy trout? Speaking of trout is the 25 inch rule still in effect? Looking forward to hearing from you. Going to be a long wait for 2019. Thank you, Dave

Lodging is included. There is an old bus in the woods that sleeps 8. You may take 3 bucks but two of which must score 150” or more or you will be fined.
No limit on Black bears but hunters are only allowed one polar bear per season.
The size limit on trout remains in effect.