Permethrin

Bowhunter77

Has anyone else thought of taking cattle Permethrin and watering it down to the correct ratio and using it on thier hunting cloths? $8 a 50 gallon jug is way cheaper than Sawyers. Would that be safe?

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
It has been sold as a clothes spray aerosol for years. Somewhere I have a bottle to dilute and dip clothes in that I bought and never used.

Safe, yes--just let it dry before wearing.

Joe Brandon

Just by a bottle from one of your favorite sporting good stores. I use it. But be careful, it has made me sick before when I have been sweating and trying to track an animal. It gets in your system

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yes , $10 bottle from tractor supply makes 5 gallons , I’ve used it for years and as long as done rt I never see a tick or chiggers

Bowhunter77

That’s what I was hoping, Sawyers works but only treats two outfits, I was just gonna fill up a plastic tote , dip each piece and hang it to dry, rewash then wear. This will save me a lot of money, thanks for the responses

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
That’s what I was hoping, Sawyers works but only treats two outfits, I was just gonna fill up a plastic tote , dip each piece and hang it to dry, rewash then wear. This will save me a lot of money, thanks for the responses

Why not mix and fill a spray bottle and thus not have to rewash?

Jack Ryan

Why not mix and fill a spray bottle and thus not have to rewash?
That is what I do.

I use it in a tree and shrug, hose end sprayer to spray the whole outside of the house spring and fall. Before it goes empty I spray it in to a pump up fruit sprayer for spot spraying until I do the house again. For the whole time in between I fill those little hand spray bottles to spray down my cloths and shoes every time I step off the porch. I cut it 50% again when I put it in those bottles.

If I NEED to fill a bottle for cloths in between, a couple eye droppers straight from the permethrin jug in a quart spray bottle of water is PLENTY.

You spray it on your cloths, then it dries. ALL the water is gone when the bus see it, no matter how much you cut it or don't. So long as the spray water looks white/milky when you shake it up, it is plenty strong enough for cloths.