Perry, GA Area

4x4

If this is not allowed, please delete....

My name is Ben Hill. I am a member of the Board of Directors for Georgia Falconry Association. Every year we have several meets, picnics, and seminars throughout the state. We attend the GON Outdoor Blast, as well as the Buckarama in Perry. We also do presentations for Boy Scouts and churches.

That brings me to the reason I am posting this thread today. Our annual meet has been held in Pine Mountain, GA for the past several years. This year, we haved moved the 2020 field meet to Perry. In order for us to have a successful meet, we need landowners who would be kind enough to allow a few falconers to hunt our raptors on their property. Our meet date is held the weekend after deer season has closed. Typically, we only hunt on Friday and Saturday. We strictly hunt squirrels and rabbits.

Falconry is defined as hunting wild game in its natural habitat by means of a trained raptor. It is a life or death drama between two equally matched, equally noble animals.

If any landowner is reading this and considering allowing us to come hunt, I highly encourage you to join in the hunt, along with any friends and family that may want to participate.

This is a very social sport. No need for camo or heavy, winter gear. Ive had 15 folks with me while hunting and my bird always does as she should, catches squirrels and brings them to the forest floor.

Keep in mind, all landowners are protected by GA Law when landowners allow people to hunt their land.

The Georgia DNR Wildlife Resources Division explains, "Georgia law (OCGA 51-3-20 through 51-3-26) explicitly shields landowners from civil liability for injuries to persons who use their land for recreational purposes without charge unless the landowner willfully or maliciously fails to guard against or warn of a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity."

Thank you in advance for reading!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1554741679487.jpg
    FB_IMG_1554741679487.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20180224_162221863 (1).jpg
    IMG_20180224_162221863 (1).jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 32

Oldstick

I can't offer any specific info, but if you don't get many direct contacts, I would suggest you call or visit the Sports Center (large sporting goods and boat dealer) in Perry. The guys that work there have a lot of contacts and knowledge around this area. They might be able to give you some leads to follow.

Reactions: 4x4

stonecreek

Don't know how far you guys will travel but have a couple thousand acres in Sumter County and hour south. Your welcome to use it. Have had Falconers hunt it a couple years ago. Hardwoods, Pines food plots and some Ag. fields. Excellent small game population. Just PM if interested. Richard

Tomcat837

If this is not allowed, please delete....

My name is Ben Hill. I am a member of the Board of Directors for Georgia Falconry Association. Every year we have several meets, picnics, and seminars throughout the state. We attend the GON Outdoor Blast, as well as the Buckarama in Perry. We also do presentations for Boy Scouts and churches.

That brings me to the reason I am posting this thread today. Our annual meet has been held in Pine Mountain, GA for the past several years. This year, we haved moved the 2020 field meet to Perry. In order for us to have a successful meet, we need landowners who would be kind enough to allow a few falconers to hunt our raptors on their property. Our meet date is held the weekend after deer season has closed. Typically, we only hunt on Friday and Saturday. We strictly hunt squirrels and rabbits.

Falconry is defined as hunting wild game in its natural habitat by means of a trained raptor. It is a life or death drama between two equally matched, equally noble animals.

If any landowner is reading this and considering allowing us to come hunt, I highly encourage you to join in the hunt, along with any friends and family that may want to participate.

This is a very social sport. No need for camo or heavy, winter gear. Ive had 15 folks with me while hunting and my bird always does as she should, catches squirrels and brings them to the forest floor.

Keep in mind, all landowners are protected by GA Law when landowners allow people to hunt their land.

The Georgia DNR Wildlife Resources Division explains, "Georgia law (OCGA 51-3-20 through 51-3-26) explicitly shields landowners from civil liability for injuries to persons who use their land for recreational purposes without charge unless the landowner willfully or maliciously fails to guard against or warn of a dangerous condition, use, structure, or activity."

Thank you in advance for reading!
You need to PM me, we have a place about 30 min from perry.

creation's_cause

Have you considered coordinating with DNR to use Flat Creek PFA? There is a good squirrel population there and then you might be able to open the event up to more of a public forum...I, for one, would love to attend!

4x4

Have you considered coordinating with DNR to use Flat Creek PFA? There is a good squirrel population there and then you might be able to open the event up to more of a public forum...I, for one, would love to attend!

Great idea! I will keep in contact with you before our field meet. We welcome the public to pair up with one of the 40+ falconers and go hunting with us.