Persimmon. Trees ?

dtala

ya'll are way overthinking this...buy grafted trees and don't play fruit roulette. Plant em now with tree protector tubes AND wire enclosures to prevent deer from browsing. Done

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
ya'll are way overthinking this...buy grafted trees and don't play fruit roulette. Plant em now with tree protector tubes AND wire enclosures to prevent deer from browsing. Done
I have done just that, and will again. But I'm getting 10x more growth from the ones I graft myself, and they cost exactly #nothing to produce. I can graft one this spring and have it be 10' tall with fruit on it the following fall. The one I planted is still sitting there about a foot taller than it was when I planted it.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I buy a several trees every year , but I also have a lot of male persimmon trees that I feel like why not take advantage of this , plus it seems like it will be something fun to do with my daughter, plus it will get us in the woods !

godogs57

That’d be nearly impossible to have that many all male or all female.
I’d buy a male and/or female proven tree and plant it in the middle.
Call an arborist out too. Probably some other tree than 75 single sex persimmons though. Anything is possible I suppose.

It is what it is. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen. I need to find a few proven female trees to spice things up.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I could usually pick out a common persimmon tree anywhere by the bark and leaves. Problem is I rarely find them in hunting areas where I can go back and hunt it. Had a friend that had the biggest fruit producer ever in his “ex” driveway but no deer. That tree was amazing.
The tree was healthy and fourty feet tall last time I seen it.
I think I’ll drive by there and see what I can do. Maybe a few trees have sprouted up under it and they don’t mind me digging up a few.
I know of another ornamental persimmon tree that’s twenty feet tall and he calls me every few years to prune it and harvest fruit.
Both trees need another look soon.
It is what it is. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen. I need to find a few proven female trees to spice things up.

Latest posts