Pet peeve

littlejon

Maybe save a argument at the lake or on the water I thought I would start this. So what's your pet peeve when it comes to fishing or boating? I have many but one of mine is trying to back down a ramp to launch my boat and being blinded by the truck on the ramp next to me. Turn your head lights off people!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Bass tournament fellers running up and down the lake 100 mph washing folks up on the bank, cutting you off, and thinking nobody else has a right to be fishing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
And people that steal your catfish jugs and take fish off of them.

Coenen

Wake boarders or surfers that won't give you any space. Doesn't bother me so much when the lake is busy, but when it's deserted and you've got to get in the water and make waves right next to me, that's a jerk move.

Jack Ryan

Maybe save a argument at the lake or on the water I thought I would start this. So what's your pet peeve when it comes to fishing or boating? I have many but one of mine is trying to back down a ramp to launch my boat and being blinded by the truck on the ramp next to me. Turn your head lights off people!
Jet skis, and dimwits who can't back a boat trailer or put a boat on a trailer.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

dsgbqc

People that forget their jugs and it wraps around your lower unit with a dead fish on the other end.

Coenen

Fishermen moving into the area you're at
Boaters plowing past you
Loud music
Boaters taking too long at the ramp
Fishing partner not bringing snacks
You might need a new hobby. On public water, that's pretty much everything! ?

AllTerrainAngler

Jet skis.
2nd being the coangler. lol
I have my own boat but I used to fish with a kid who competed in tournaments. We'd go to a lake and he'd have "honey holes" that always produce. 2-3 hours and he'd catch nothing then ask me where to go. I'd direct him to a spot where we'd catch fish. He'd get mad and call it a day every single time.