Pet's In Paradise?

apoint

This question is for believers that actually believe in heaven.
Some of the best people I ever knew were actually dogs.
I have had dogs all my life and with their unconditional love, puts them in a category all their own.
I dont think God would deny heaven to an animal that loved so intensely and brought so much joy to peoples lives.
Surly paradise is big enough for those pets we loved.
Does anyone know ? ::;

mikel

according to our preacher..no..i would hope otherwise..

ronpasley

The Lord will give you the desires of you heart does that only mean here on earth or could it mean when you get to heaven also.

So your desires could be seeing your pet again don't know but I believe animals will be there in heaven.

CAL

I have had dogs all my life and with their unconditional love, puts them in a category all their own.
I dont think God would deny heaven to an animal that loved so intensely and brought so much joy to peoples lives.

I don't know either but I agree with your thoughts.If so I hope they are very gentle dogs !

slip

Retired Moderator
my great-grandmother asked my dad this same question the last time we were able to go visit her.

im interested in reading what yall have to say.

mikel

my great-grandmother asked my dad this same question the last time we were able to go visit her.

im interested in reading what yall have to say.

yeah me too..our preacher is the only one ive ever heard talk about it

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
I don't know.

I hope I have more important things on my mind in heaven
than my old ****zu.
If they aren't there I promise that they won't cross you mind.

My wife use to have a chichuchu(sp) that hated my guts.
I hope he ain't there.

Lowjack

Dogs and Cats in The Torah are not considered clean animals, so God had a reason for rejecting this animals, The Torah also teaches that animals and Man have Nephesh" Souls, but man has soul and Rhuach Spirit.
To me that doesn't mean there isn't an afterlife for animals , but when I flat lined in the hospital and went to paradise I did not see Cats or dogs , but I did see many different kins of Colorful birds and Singing Birds and animals I have never seen before, as well as Gazelle like deer, et.
Also Flowers that you walk by and brush against them and each play a different tune all worshiped the Lord and his Majesty.

After my grandson died he had a Rat terrier He Loved and he also died 3 months later, this question was posed to me by my wife and grandkids, all I could say was I hope they met up somewhere in the Spirit world there are many wonders and unknowns,which will be part of us discovering when we get there.

apoint

I have heard of a man that died and returned from heaven. He said his dog was there to meet him. If any person or animal would be in paradise he would be a new creature just like we will be renewed. No mean people or animals. Only the best will be there because of Gods spirit indwelling in everything. I personally would take that bet, that something that gave you so much love and joy will be there also.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
These verses address animals in heaven. If wolves are in - why not dogs?

Isaiah 11:6 “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them.”

Isaiah 65:25 “The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,” Says the Lord.

apoint

Isaiah 11:6 “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them.”

Isaiah 65:25 “The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox, and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,” Says the Lord.

WOW, thanks, I forgot about that verse. God bless you.

Lowjack

That's Not In Heaven , that is here on earth during the Millenial reign of Christ.

jason4445

It is funny cause the belief that our physical pleasures of earth, including our love for some earthly pursuits and animals will follow us to heaven is a fundamental Islamic belief.

This has been something argued for thousands of years. The Bible gives no reference to if animals go to heaven or not, no matter how many "mean anything" verses people come up with.

The main argument against animals going to heaven is they have no soul. This is generally proven because the Bible refers to all animals as beasts which, in one of several definitions - a beast is something with no soul. So officially for thousands of years Christians believed no animal goes to heaven.

Then came the "Once Saved" movement and affluence's of the 20th century where animals were elevated to "human like qualities" and "loved as children" and all of the sudden Christians could not stand the thought of going to heaven without little yappy Poo-Poo or the goofy lab with the soulful eyes there too.

So then came the arguments that indeed animals will go to heaven. The first argument for this is that man is a fallen creature born in sin, and had to be "saved" to go to heaven. Since animals never were fallen creatures, are always "pure" and also cannot sin, it was not necessary they be "saved" and they are always allowed in heaven.

The next argument for animals going to heaven is the doctrine of love, just as people are redeemed through the love of God, indeed pets may be redeemed through our love for them. In other words if we love some thing enough then through our love this thing follows us, or appears in heaven when we do.

Do animals go to heaven, well why not? it is the trend in modern day Christianity that if some belief makes us feel all soft and huggy inside, then it must be right - so go ahead and believe it.

SarahFair

Didnt yall know?
All Dogs Go To Heaven ::ke:

But really, Ive heard yes and no..
If yes then is every deer, ant, spider, horse, cow, pig, etc going as well?
:confused:

apoint

That's Not In Heaven , that is here on earth during the Millenial reign of Christ.

Thats right but what is being described is a form of heaven. So this scripture would lead to believe this is ok in paradise because everywhere God is, is paradise.

apoint

It is funny cause the belief that our physical pleasures of earth, including our love for some earthly pursuits and animals will follow us to heaven is a fundamental Islamic belief.

This has been something argued for thousands of years. The Bible gives no reference to if animals go to heaven or not, no matter how many "mean anything" verses people come up with.

The main argument against animals going to heaven is they have no soul. This is generally proven because the Bible refers to all animals as beasts which, in one of several definitions - a beast is something with no soul. So officially for thousands of years Christians believed no animal goes to heaven.

Then came the "Once Saved" movement and affluence's of the 20th century where animals were elevated to "human like qualities" and "loved as children" and all of the sudden Christians could not stand the thought of going to heaven without little yappy Poo-Poo or the goofy lab with the soulful eyes there too.

So then came the arguments that indeed animals will go to heaven. The first argument for this is that man is a fallen creature born in sin, and had to be "saved" to go to heaven. Since animals never were fallen creatures, are always "pure" and also cannot sin, it was not necessary they be "saved" and they are always allowed in heaven.

The next argument for animals going to heaven is the doctrine of love, just as people are redeemed through the love of God, indeed pets may be redeemed through our love for them. In other words if we love some thing enough then through our love this thing follows us, or appears in heaven when we do.

Do animals go to heaven, well why not? it is the trend in modern day Christianity that if some belief makes us feel all soft and huggy inside, then it must be right - so go ahead and believe it.

My OP statment says this question is for believers only!
NONbelieves dont have a clue so start your own thread please.

Lowjack

The Bible Dissagrees With you;
According to the Bible, animals have souls. Texts such as Genesis 1:21,24 are often mistranslated to read "living creatures." The exact Hebrew used in reference to animals throughout the Bible is "nephesh chayah," or "living soul." This is how the phrase has been translated in Genesis 2:7 and in four hundred other places in the Old Testament. Thus, Genesis 1:30 should more accurately read: "And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is a living soul, I have given every green herb for meat."

God breathed the "breath of life" into man, and caused him to become a living soul. (Genesis 2:7) Animals have the same "breath of life" as do humans. (Genesis 7:15, 22) Numbers 16:22 refers to the Lord as "the God of spirits of all flesh." In Numbers 31:28, God commands Moses to divide up among the people the cattle, sheep, Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- and human prisoners captured in battle and to give to the Lord "one soul of five hundred" of both humans and animals alike. Psalm 104 says God provides for animals and their ensoulment.

"O Lord, how innumerable are Thy works; in wisdom Thou hast made them all! The earth is full of Thy well-made creations. All these look to Thee to furnish their timely feed. When Thou providest for them, they gather it. Thou openest Thy hand, and they are satisfied with good things. When Thou hidest Thy face, they are struck with despair. When Thou cuttest off their breath, in death they return to their dust. Thou sendest Thy Spirit and more are created, and Thou dost replenish the surface of the earth."

Similarly, the apocryphal Book of Judith praises God, saying, "Let every creature serve You, for You spoke and they were made. You sent forth Your Spirit and they were created." Job 12:10 teaches that in God’s hand "is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind."

Ecclesiastes 3:19-20 says humans have no advantage over animals: "They all draw the same breath...all came from the dust, and to dust all return."

The verse that immediately follows asks, "Who knows if the spirit of man goes upward, and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth?" The exact Hebrew word for "soul," "Nephesh," is used in connection with animals as well as humans. Ecclesiastes 12:7 concludes that "the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."
So animals might experience a different level of spiritual dwelling.

This position was taken by Paul, who called himself an apostle to the gentiles. Paul spoke of God as the "giver of life and breath and all things to everyone." (Acts 17:25) In his epistle to the Romans 8:18-25, Paul wrote that the entire creation, and not just mankind, is awaiting redemption.

Revelations 16:3 also refers to the souls of animals: "The second angel poured out his bowl upon the sea, so that it turned to blood as of a corpse, and every living soul that was in the sea died." The exact Greek word for soul, "psyche," was used in the original texts.

jason4445

I am most certainly a believer, just believe in Jesus a little differently - A born againer and a Lutheran are both believers, but believe differently. I did not agree that animals go to heaven nor do I disagree - I gave both sides of the animals in heaven thoughts.- the Bible does not say one way or the other - it neither agrees that animals are in heaven nor disagrees, so I don't know. Of course you can plow the tater field and snag one here and one there and try to make it fit your personal belief. But do animals go to heaven - I personally hope so.

crackerdave

I've always had a dog,too.I seem to fit better with dogs and other animals,old folks,and kids much better than I do with most "adults.":huh:

I can't biblically answer your question,but it's something I've often wondered about too. I DO know this: God is love.:)

I don't know either but I agree with your thoughts.If so I hope they are very gentle dogs !

Yessir! NO ankle-bitin' Chihuahuas!:hair:

I don't know.

I hope I have more important things on my mind in heaven
than my old ****zu.
If they aren't there I promise that they won't cross you mind.

My wife use to have a chichuchu(sp) that hated my guts.
I hope he ain't there.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Dang,Ronnie. I don't bleeve I'd even feed a dog that hated my guts!

Dogs and Cats in The Torah are not considered clean animals, so God had a reason for rejecting this animals, The Torah also teaches that animals and Man have Nephesh" Souls, but man has soul and Rhuach Spirit.
To me that doesn't mean there isn't an afterlife for animals , but when I flat lined in the hospital and went to paradise I did not see Cats or dogs , but I did see many different kins of Colorful birds and Singing Birds and animals I have never seen before, as well as Gazelle like deer, et.
Also Flowers that you walk by and brush against them and each play a different tune all worshiped the Lord and his Majesty.

After my grandson died he had a Rat terrier He Loved and he also died 3 months later, this question was posed to me by my wife and grandkids, all I could say was I hope they met up somewhere in the Spirit world there are many wonders and unknowns,which will be part of us discovering when we get there.

Amen!

You're right - the "feelgood" preachers will have to answer one day for their false teaching.
Didnt yall know?
All Dogs Go To Heaven ::ke:

But really, Ive heard yes and no..
If yes then is every deer, ant, spider, horse, cow, pig, etc going as well?
:confused:
An' mo-skeeters?????? Lord, I hope not.:)