Pic's of my points

Al33

Finally got around to photographing my collection which isn't anything great, but I wouldn't take anything for it.

The majority are from here in Georgia but there are a few from Texas, a bunch from Alabama that were given to me, and at least one from Florida. Who can find the Texas and Florida points?:)

First, my quartz points:

Attachments

• foundpoints1.jpg
    foundpoints1.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 221

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nice Al! Second pic, top row, second from right-I`d say the lancelate point is from Florida. The point just to the left of it looks like it`s made from Edwards Plateau Chert so I`ll say Texas on it. And third from left, top row, Texas. Because I haven`t really seen many shaped just like that from the tri-states area.

How bad off was I? :D

Al33

Yoo da man Nick!:D You got the Florida point and one of the Texas points (third from left on top row). The other one you guessed as from Texas is one of the few I am not certain of it's origin, but I believe I found it here in Georgia back in the early 70's. The second from left on top row is also a Texas point.

Good job, but I expected nothing less from you.;)

Did you notice the Lecroys?

KGauger

I was looking in artifactsguide.com and the closest I saw to the point that is third from left, top row is an early to middle archaic point named Hardee. The stem is a little different but the shape is similar. I am not an expert and there may be other points from other periods with a similar shape.

Al33

Bow Only said:
I don't see a Hardee in any of those pics. Nice points.
I think it is an Adena from the Woodland Period.

Pic from Artifactsguide.com for comparison.

Attachments

• adena_psd.jpg
    adena_psd.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 105

KGauger

Sure looks like you got it - the stem sure is right. I didn't look far enough in artifactsguide.com. I think I have a similar point. I need to find mine and compare.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't think you have a Hardee,
for comparison here are some Florida Hardee points, The material is miocene coral and they date to the Middle Archaic approximately 3400 BC
Personal finds.

Attachments

• museum16.jpg
    museum16.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 98

KGauger

Adena from the Woodland Period

I was the one that suggested Hardee but I think Al is right with Adena from the Woodland Period. The base of the stem isn't right for a Hardee. Here is my Adena from the Woodland Period. The point is essentially flat on the other side. I know this one was found in Oglethorpe county, Georgia.

Attachments

• Adena from the Woodland Period.jpg
    Adena from the Woodland Period.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 100