Picture: Earth at Night

Hambone

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap001127.html

Check out the image at the web site above. The image is a panoramic view of all the lights in the world as viewed from the space station. You can scroll East-West and North-South. Note Hawaii's islands and Bermuda shining brightly. Also note how bright the Cayman islands and Puerto Rico are compared to neighbors Cuba and the Dominican Republic. See the Azores, off the west coast of Africa. Check out the development of Israel compared to many of the Arab countries. Moving further east, take a good look at the Korean peninsula which is the most striking comparison between a third world country in the North and a capitalist society in the South. Not much light in Africa, and you see how empty Australia is. Pretty amazing picture!

(Click on the picture for a larger view)

denny

That is one cool site. Did you see the picture of Ivan from space? Many great shots, marking this site to my favorites.

thanks Hambone :cool:

bilgerat

Senior
Picture

I Think I See My Deer Camp. The Camp Fire From Last Year Opening Weekend! Cool Pic.

Skipper

Banned
That's cool. You can see Metro Atalanta, Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Choo Choo, Knoxville, I-81 up to Bristol. Corbin is one of the darker areas ::huh:

Skipper

WillC

whats the address to the main page? I tried stopping after nasa.gov ....and it goes to a different pic but not the main page with more pictures on it.

dbodkin

Skipper come over to the Force.... Corbin can stay on the Dark Side..... :speechles

H

HT2

Stan.....

Keep 'em comin' bro.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Them are "C-O-O-L"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: