Piedmont NWR

snuffy

Anyone going this year?
I am going to try and hunt the 25th and 26th.
Sons birthday is that weekend. I will leave lunch on the 26th to see him.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I will be there. Makes 25 years of hunting Piedmont for me.

Timberman

Lets talk tactics. Pines or hardwoods? Do you try to go deep? Are most units good hunting?

Wayne D Davis

Ive been going about 20yrs....I absolutely love that place. None of the hunts sold out as of day of the drawing We first applied for first gun hunt and we went to the drawing. They said first time in history that the first hunt had a hand full of openings, and the primitive hunt had over 50 remaining. Also the last gun hunt had over 900 openings. So guess what....I got all 3 hunts

Wayne D Davis

Ive been going about 20yrs....I absolutely love that place. None of the hunts sold out as of day of the drawing We first applied for first gun hunt and we went to the drawing. They said first time in history that the first hunt had a hand full of openings, and the primitive hunt had over 50 remaining. Also the last gun hunt had over 900 openings. So guess what....I got all 3 hunts
Im sure they be glad to sell as many permits as possible....you got till 28th of this month to get your apps in

Darkhorse

Listen to Snuffy and use Permanone on your clothes, inside a tent, on the tent door, inside the truck, and check regularly for ticks.
The last Turkey hunt my son and I went on ticks were crawling everywhere. Due to not being thorough using permanone my son brought home a case of Lyme disease.

Timberman

Went and scouted today. It’s a huge area no doubt! A very homogenous tract imo. Huge uneven aged pine stands interspersed with hardwood drains. Deer sign everywhere we looked. We’ve got 3-4 places picked out but I’m not sure you wouldn’t do just as good finding a place without a truck and walking in and setting up.

Timberman

Scouted again yesterday. We checked some new areas and found some good sign. Starting to develop a plan!

thumbnail_IMG_2571.jpg

Wayne D Davis

Went and scouted today. It’s a huge area no doubt! A very homogenous tract imo. Huge uneven aged pine stands interspersed with hardwood drains. Deer sign everywhere we looked. We’ve got 3-4 places picked out but I’m not sure you wouldn’t do just as good finding a place without a truck and walking in and setting up.
That's about right. Good deer all over that place. May see you out there. I usually park my tent in the cedar trees for shade during the alleyways hot days there.