Pig in the Road

Turpentine

Good number of hogs on the mnt round here but that's were they stay.
Bout the same with the yotes. Believe it or not doe, Fawn and armadillo are the top 3 trouble makers round here. Amazing how things can change in just a couple miles.

bigewalksalone

Good number of hogs on the mnt round here but that's were they stay.
Bout the same with the yotes. Believe it or not doe, Fawn and armadillo are the top 3 trouble makers round here. Amazing how things can change in just a couple miles.
Yea the same thing armadillos and opossums are the usual suspects. This is my first
time for pigs being hit.

Big7

The Oracle
I haven't seen any run over as of yet, but it doesn't surprise me, they keep expanding their range, travelling up the river basins, I hunt in Oglethorpe , close to the Wilkes county line, they've been around there for years, I live in Douglas county west of Atl, and I've heard of them in south Douglas , just north of the Chattahoochee, and out in Paulding county, around Pumpkinvine creek area, I know they are up in the area around Rhinehart college north of Cartersville, pretty soon they'll be in the cities

Off topic a little... Do you know if Cotton Boswell is stil living? He has a store I can drive right to. I have not a clue as to names of the roads. His store was at a cross roads.

Please PM me if you know him or his family.
Thanks !!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's mostly possums, groundhogs, coons, and skunks here. With the occasional deer or bear.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
think I've seen 2 here recently...one on 8 Mile Rd and lower on Tarva Rd...not uncommon to see one now and again. I'm surprised I haven't seen one on 62 crossing from WMA to Magnolia or vise versa.

Saw a big dead sow on the side of 32 about a mile east of the intersection with Palmyra Road. Pile of hogs on the north side of 32 there along the creek, but they haven`t crossed 32 yet. That`s only a couple of miles from where I hunt. We don`t have em, but it could be any day now.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Saw a big dead sow on the side of 32 about a mile east of the intersection with Palmyra Road. Pile of hogs on the north side of 32 there along the creek, but they haven`t crossed 32 yet. That`s only a couple of miles from where I hunt. We don`t have em, but it could be any day now.

there are plenty on the south side east of that intersection :) been after um a few times there myself.

One 8 Mile.. that one was about a 60-70# pig in the middle of the road where Graham starts..the one farther down on Tarva was bigger and off the side of the road.

bigewalksalone

Sounds like plenty of them in that area. They just tend to staying clear of the roads
is what I'm thinking. What I been wondering are we so overrun with pigs now,that
certain areas they've out grown the habitat. And we are gonna start seeing more and
more being hit in the road?? Keep your eyes peeled I don't want to hit one..

bigewalksalone

Off topic a little... Do you know if Cotton Boswell is stil living? He has a store I can drive right to. I have not a clue as to names of the roads. His store was at a cross roads.

Please PM me if you know him or his family.
Thanks !!!!
Are you thinking maybe Sandy Cross ?? I'm not sure where crossroads is. A little info
and I'm sure I can find out.

bigewalksalone

there are plenty on the south side east of that intersection :) been after um a few times there myself.

One 8 Mile.. that one was about a 60-70# pig in the middle of the road where Graham starts..the one farther down on Tarva was bigger and off the side of the road.
Sounds like ya'll eat up with them..

Big7

The Oracle
Are you thinking maybe Sandy Cross ?? I'm not sure where crossroads is. A little info
and I'm sure I can find out.

That don't ring a bell. I've been there twice.
All I know is its in Oglethorpe county close to Lexington. The guy was on up there when we met. He might be with his Maker right now. IDK. He had a little block store at the crossroads. And A BUNCH OF LAND.

bigewalksalone

That don't ring a bell. I've been there twice.
All I know is its in Oglethorpe county close to Lexington. The guy was on up there when we met. He might be with his Maker right now. IDK. He had a little block store at the crossroads. And A BUNCH OF LAND.
Robert L. "Cotton" Boswell, Jr. of Greensboro, GA died on Thursday, July 12, 2012, at the age of 71
He owned and operated Cotton's Corner, a convenience store and restaurant, for 32 years until he sold it in 2010. In 1998 Cotton, William Coleman and Judy Hodnett bought Willow Run Retirement Home.
Hey this might be him. Let me know.

Big7

The Oracle
That's him. I only met him twice. I wanted to lease 560 or so from him not far from that store almost had it. The adjoining acreage had been a lease for a while. He let them have it because he had been leasing to that club for a while. Thanks for the info. Dang. I didn't even realize it has been that long. He was kicking pretty good when I saw him.
Nice Man. Rest In Peace, Mr. Boswell.

Thanks for the info.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
In Florida I’d see them all the time......so fresh I’d stop to see if they were still warm sometimes. This was back in the late 90’s when I lived off Lorraine rd in Manatee county. They were everywhere and we could go out back and get them! Nothing like walking the edge of an orange grove on a full moon night.......with 00buck in hand of course!

Don’t think I have ever seen them up here, but I heard of some off 575 around Canton.

bigewalksalone

That's him. I only met him twice. I wanted to lease 560 or so from him not far from that store almost had it. The adjoining acreage had been a lease for a while. He let them have it because he had been leasing to that club for a while. Thanks for the info. Dang. I didn't even realize it has been that long. He was kicking pretty good when I saw him.
Nice Man. Rest In Peace, Mr. Boswell.

Thanks for the info.
Your welcome,sorry it wasn't different circumstances..

bigewalksalone

In Florida I’d see them all the time......so fresh I’d stop to see if they were still warm sometimes. This was back in the late 90’s when I lived off Lorraine rd in Manatee county. They were everywhere and we could go out back and get them! Nothing like walking the edge of an orange grove on a full moon night.......with 00buck in hand of course!

Don’t think I have ever seen them up here, but I heard of some off 575 around Canton.
That sounds fun. I've never hunted them,I guess they are good to eat..