Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg

Thread starter #1

Shad30

Anyone fish the area. Me and the family headed there in 2 weeks and was wondering where to go? I've read fishing in the park is better? Read all kinds of different regs though from the park to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. My 10 year old really likes fishing so I want to do as much as we can while we're there.

Thanks

Anyone fish the area. Me and the family headed there in 2 weeks and was wondering where to go? I've read fishing in the park is better? Read all kinds of different regs though from the park to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. My 10 year old really likes fishing so I want to do as much as we can while we're there.

Thanks

Go to the visitor center and get a map of all the streams in the park. Fishing outside the park. I think you have to have a special license which is expensive for out of state guest fishing.

First of all, how experienced are you at trout fishing? The GSMNP has great fishing, but it's 100% wild trout that are very spooky and can often be pretty hard to catch if you don't have much trout fishing experience. It is also restricted to single-hook artificial lures inside the park.

The Gatlinburg area outside the park boundary is stocked pretty heavily every week, and is a much easier place to catch fish. You can also fish with any kind of bait as long as you're using a single hook. You can get a license to fish anywhere inside Gatlinburg for about $10-12 a day. Kids under 13 years old don't have to have a license or permit. Gatlinburg also has some creeks that are stocked especially for kids under 13 to fish. I think the Gatlinburg city waters are closed on Thursdays for stocking.

I usually go over the mountains to Cherokee and get one of the Tribal licenses. They're pretty cheap and a state license isn't required. But it is restricted to Tribal waters.