Pine Mountain RV Park

Thread starter #1
Any body out been to Pine Mountain RV Park lately? Does the road to it go up beside a high mountain? My wife has a real big fear of heights. She's ok if she can't see why down. Thanks.

Went last year during Thanksgiving week. I don't recall any high mountain passes on our trip. We would go back there in a heartbeat. We came up from around Columbus.

martinc

Any body out been to Pine Mountain RV Park lately? Does the road to it go up beside a high mountain? My wife has a real big fear of heights. She's ok if she can't see why down. Thanks.
If your referring to the private park/campground that is on the outside edge of town then NO, there isn't any high mountain roads on it. Its about as flat as a pancake.

If your talking about FDR State Park then yes there a couple of steep drop offs on either side of the road as you climb Hwy 190 coming from Hwy 27.

Martin

Oldstick

I was thinking the same thing about the one outside Pine Mt., GA. But when I googled the name I got one in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.

martinc

I was thinking the same thing about the one outside Pine Mt., GA. But when I googled the name I got one in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.
That might be because they have multiple locations, scattered around. Its one of those "resort" destination camgrounds.
I've camped there a few times as they host of motorcycle rally during the summer that supports numerous Veterans groups.

Martin