Pine Mountain RV Park

F15Budman

Any body out been to Pine Mountain RV Park lately? Does the road to it go up beside a high mountain? My wife has a real big fear of heights. She's ok if she can't see why down. Thanks.

NugeForPres

Went last year during Thanksgiving week. I don't recall any high mountain passes on our trip. We would go back there in a heartbeat. We came up from around Columbus.

Rabbit Runner

from the rv park at FDR park it's a up hill ride to the check in office, but not to bad.
over at pine mountain rv resort not much of hill at all

martinc

Any body out been to Pine Mountain RV Park lately? Does the road to it go up beside a high mountain? My wife has a real big fear of heights. She's ok if she can't see why down. Thanks.

If your referring to the private park/campground that is on the outside edge of town then NO, there isn't any high mountain roads on it. Its about as flat as a pancake.

If your talking about FDR State Park then yes there a couple of steep drop offs on either side of the road as you climb Hwy 190 coming from Hwy 27.

Martin

Oldstick

I was thinking the same thing about the one outside Pine Mt., GA. But when I googled the name I got one in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.

martinc

I was thinking the same thing about the one outside Pine Mt., GA. But when I googled the name I got one in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.

That might be because they have multiple locations, scattered around. Its one of those "resort" destination camgrounds.
I've camped there a few times as they host of motorcycle rally during the summer that supports numerous Veterans groups.

Martin