Pittman calls coaching at UGA something he always dreamt about

joepuppy

He is a heck of a coach and recruiter. I was really hoping he would follow Cheney to Knoxville, but that proved to be wishful thinking.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

TinKnocker

I think it is close. Right now I think he is worth more than Coley. I hope, Coley convinces me this year that he is the Man.
I think Coley will, at minimum, be a little more diverse in his play calling. More than anything, I hope Coley is better at 2nd half adjustments and keeping his foot on the gas than Chaney was. IMO, poor adjustments and letting off the gas cost us a natty in 2017 and another SEC title (and playoff appearance) in 2018. If Coley can be that guy that's not SCARED to hang 50+ on everyone we will be better off.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If Coley can be that guy that's not SCARED to hang 50+ on everyone we will be better off.

I want to live to see the Dawgs hang 75 plus on the Gators in the Swamp just to get even with the ghost of the old ball coach.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I will take a one point win against anyone we play. We aint gonna win them all this year, We got Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida, Ut, A&M and several other good teams, and every single one of them has circled UGA as the team they want to beat. With the exception of Auburn, we come in second to Bama on that one.

paulpaul

Most of the SEC teams we play have a bye before they play us. I still feel we can run the table in east again. @ auburn will be our toughest game I believe.

MudDucker

Staff member
He got a nice raise this year and a new title of asst. head coach. Kirby wants him to be happy and content in Athens for a long time.

ddavis1120

I love me some Pittman but we have to get better on short yardage. When it counted last year, we could not get a short yard for a first down much less a long yard. I'm hoping to see significant improvement this year. Of course, Chaney could have done a better job of calling short yardage.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I love me some Pittman but we have to get better on short yardage. When it counted last year, we could not get a short yard for a first down much less a long yard. I'm hoping to see significant improvement this year. Of course, Chaney could have done a better job of calling short yardage.

We had 2 O linemen fighting injury all year long last year. The good news is we will be stacked on the O line this year.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
I think Coley will, at minimum, be a little more diverse in his play calling. More than anything, I hope Coley is better at 2nd half adjustments and keeping his foot on the gas than Chaney was. IMO, poor adjustments and letting off the gas cost us a natty in 2017 and another SEC title (and playoff appearance) in 2018. If Coley can be that guy that's not SCARED to hang 50+ on everyone we will be better off.
Coley is a TE guy hopefully he will use some of the transfers to be put to great use!

Latest posts