Place to rent a John boat do a little fishing

erhunter

Hey y’all, looking to see if there’s s place to rent a John boat/trolling motor around the cobb county/NW GA area. Do a little freshwater fishing. Any advice is appreciated

greg_n_clayton

The state park over on Lake Burton use to. I know it is not the area you mentioned, but ya may check with any of the parks. If you were over here, you could use one fer nuttin !!

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Callaway Gardens, it's a bit of a drive but there are plenty of fish.

TBI

Callaway Gardens, it's a bit of a drive but there are plenty of fish.

Is it worth the $50 for 2 people to go over there and rent a boat and fish? Is the chance to catch a few decent sized fish good?

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Is it worth the $50 for 2 people to go over there and rent a boat and fish? Is the chance to catch a few decent sized fish good?

Well the value of experience is a personal tangible, hard for me to say. The lake is well managed and there are some big fish, I have never fished it but I have seen some impressive catches from it.
I'd pay it.

Josh B

I have a nice 16 foot with a 50 mercury on it. I'm always torn about selling it but money talks. I've used it more so far this year than past 5 years.

JackSprat

Free advice, worth what you pay for it.

I would buy my own elec. motor and especially a battery. The places that rent them are notoriously bad about maintaining and charging the batteries.

CDW

Get a kayak. I bought a lifetime tamarack angler kayak from wal mart for around $200 and it’s an awesome yak to be so cheap