Places to fish from the bank near Oakwood GA? (Hall County)

Hook'em_97

Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted but I just moved up near Gainesville GA and I see people posting about Lake Lanier all the time, but I don't have a boat yet! Any good places nearby to fish off the bank? Thanks in advance!

JackSprat

You can fish from the bank all the way around Lake Lanier except for a few security zones. COE has a setback all the way around the lake that allows public access, no matter what some uptight homeowner tells you. Stay off the docks, and you are good to go.

JackSprat

Depends on what you are fishing for.

If I were just "fishing" the banks, I'd used an inline spinner -Rooster Tail, Mepps, something like that.

If I wanted to focus on larger species, I'd go with a smallish Rattle Trap, or similar bait. IMO you can't go wrong with a chrome RT with a blue or black back. If you can find one in 1/4 oz. it's a good spinning lure that will catch of lot of different species.

Papa Bear

Try the park at Balus Creek. From the bank try nightcrawlers on a drop shot rig. Cut them in half and throw toward some of the deeper water. May pick up a bass or bluegill. Live bait helps your odds when you are restricted to the bank. Good luck!

Hook'em_97

Depends on what you are fishing for.

If I were just "fishing" the banks, I'd used an inline spinner -Rooster Tail, Mepps, something like that.

If I wanted to focus on larger species, I'd go with a smallish Rattle Trap, or similar bait. IMO you can't go wrong with a chrome RT with a blue or black back. If you can find one in 1/4 oz. it's a good spinning lure that will catch of lot of different species.

I'll definitely try both of those! Thank you so much!
Try the park at Balus Creek. From the bank try nightcrawlers on a drop shot rig. Cut them in half and throw toward some of the deeper water. May pick up a bass or bluegill. Live bait helps your odds when you are restricted to the bank. Good luck!

I'll definitely try that, hopefully before the end of the week. Thank you!