Plant ID

Goddard

Can anybody help me identify this plant? I have a million in my food plot. Not sure if it is a weed, they are Getting tall, almost to my knees and nothing is eating them.

Attachments

• 434233F6-4261-44C7-9258-D7871C674102.jpeg
    434233F6-4261-44C7-9258-D7871C674102.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 185

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That stuff is bad news. It’s an invasive exotic. I’ve never seen anything eat it, and it’ll take over in a heartbeat. The seeds will lay dormant in the soil for a decade or more.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Do not let it go to seed ....... first hard frost will kill it, but you don't want it going to seed. Nothing eats it. It's the first weed that usually shows up after logging.

JackSprat

Dove will hammer the seed when it ripens.

The plqnt ejects the ripe seed and on a big field p on a quiet day, you cqn hear the pods opem/

Forest Grump

Ignore it; as long as we get a frost in November it will be killed before it makes seed.
No, nothing will eat it.
Next year be aware that you have it; if you plant warm season crops, choose RR varieties. If you only plant cool season plots it will not trouble you.

You can mow it above the height of your cereals if it bothers you; won’t kill it, but will remove the shade.

bhouston

If it gets too high in spring/summer - be sure to mow it before it starts to seed out. Otherwise, just have to "control" it with summer crops

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
i have found out the best way to control it is to try not to disturb the soil any more than possibleFrequent spot spraying and it will still.come back.I still have it germimate after 20 years and i havent plowed in the last 12 years.

davidhelmly

i have found out the best way to control it is to try not to disturb the soil any more than possibleFrequent spot spraying and it will still.come back.I still have it germimate after 20 years and i havent plowed in the last 12 years.
It is EVIL!!