Plant ID

buckpasser

In my part of the world it is also called Bear Grass and Spanish Bahyonet.

A rough old guy I used to work with called it “Spanish sword” and said his dad planted it under every window of the house when he and his sisters were coming up to limit the unwanted entry and exit that can occur with teenage kids and their love interests.

poohbear

I have one growing in my yard , tried to dig it up and kill it but keeps coming back , if you leave any part of the root in or on the ground it will grow back.

patsam

Like was stated above, got to be an old homeplace nearby. We got it in Jones Co. near an old homeplace!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Like was stated above, got to be an old homeplace nearby. We got it in Jones Co. near an old homeplace!
Not necessarily. It was planted around home places a lot, but it also grows naturally through much of the southeast. It is a native plant, and grows wild too.

Patriot44

Banned
Not necessarily. It was planted around home places a lot, but it also grows naturally through much of the southeast. It is a native plant, and grows wild too.
Absolutely. I have found them in swamps where a home place would have never been able to be.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yucca is native. I see it on high ground and occasionally in the swamps around here. Two different varieties.