Planted my rice plots today!

stumpman

Banned
Hey guys i got my rice fields planted today they are well watered and plenty thick just hope a couple of them come up they were standing in water in a couple of spots wheat oats rye and clover.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
stumpman..........

talk to me about rice.........I've tried planting Bengal Wild Rice in my beaver Swamps twice with little to no success.........any tips??? :(

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Planated My Rice Plots

Have seen rice grown in Coastal Georgia for human consumption. It was planted in late spring and reached full head and ready for harvest in September as I remember.

I have not known it as a fall crop. Maybe we are talking about differing varieties of rice.

Are you planting it to attract ducks? Seems doubtful that it would produce any grain before frost closed the door.

Vernon

stumpman

Banned
I was joking about the rice everything is under water here but they do plant rice in south carolina in the low country for human consumption i believe its near the coast but dont know much about rice growen.

SWAMPFOX

There is enough standing water in my back yard for me to plant rice and with Jeanne headed this way I am looking for more and I am on a sandy ridge. I imagine Stump is wearing waders just to walk out in his yard based on what I saw the last time I was up near Callahan.

stumpman

Banned
it was bad for a while houses up the road were under water my house is pretty dry and drained back into a swamp my field gets wet but i plowed the garden the other day boy the mosquitos will fly off with you this next storm will mess us up again. the hunting club is bad i went to the small 200 acre tract its standing in water all the roads and woods look like one big lake about 6" deep.

Last edited: