please would some democrat tell us

"I cannot emphasize enough: we must reduce gun violence in Durham County. Our community is much better than this," Birkhead said in a statement. "We stand together with Mayor Steve Schewel, Police Chief Davis and the Durham Police Department to get guns off our streets and identify those responsible for this incident."
In other words you're not going to do your jobs and go after the thugs hard and fast because that might upset some people on the wrong side of the tracks and that would be politically inexpedient.

Thread starter #4
no level of gun control will remove the weapons from the streets of any city.......

they are trying to fight a problem from the wrong end...........

and they don't have the stones to fight the problem from the correct end.....

"Our community is much better than this," ... I hear this from the Bibb County Coroner every week or so...

flatfoot

I sometimes wish Trump would publicly challenge them all to provide a working role model of what they suggest. Possibly use one of their democratic strongholds as a shining example of how strict gun laws reduce gun violence AND ALL violent crime. Perhaps provide an example of another country with strict gun laws and low violent crime. Challenge them to prove it will work!

We all know that gun control laws don't work, but it would be interesting to give them free reign to attempt it in one of their cities. This would be dangerous, I know, but it would be entertaining also!

I am sure they would pull something out of the air and have a million excuses on standby.

I sometimes wish Trump would publicly challenge them all to provide a working role model of what they suggest. Possibly use one of their democratic strongholds as a shining example of how strict gun laws reduce gun violence AND ALL violent crime. Perhaps provide an example of another country with strict gun laws and low violent crime. Challenge them to prove it will work!
Uhhhh, Chicago? Baltimore? Detroik? How many more role models does anybody really need?

flatfoot

Uhhhh, Chicago? Baltimore? Detroik? How many more role models does anybody really need?
Exactly my point, we see it but the left refuses to acknowledge it. That why I say triple dog dare them to prove their point and keep smearing the facts in their face until they cant breathe. Challenge them and make them own it. Keep those cities front and center.

Slewfoot

One of the big issues for these inner city wars has to do with the word associate; When you are living a lifestyle where "associates" or others that you "associate" with, want to gun you down, and THEN you haul your 5 kids with you to get snow-cones. Even the reporter stated that police say the shooting was not random. There is high risk associated with the thug lifestyle whether your white, black or whatever. The dems are all for keeping this going though... as it is good for votes, programs and taking guns away from the law abiding citizens.

two quotes stand out to me in this article.

"I cannot emphasize enough: we must reduce gun violence in Durham County. Our community is much better than this," Birkhead said in a statement.
apparently not.

Investigators do not believe the gunfire was random, according to police. The shooting wasn't believed to be road rage, police added.
not random, not road rage. hmmm. sounds like that leaves targeted. and i am suspecting that the 9yo kid isn't the person who ticked someone else off. just a guess. wonder if the victims are cooperating? for the children and 'em.

The left runs on angst, emotion, divisiveness, and victimhood. Never will a liberal mind allow actual facts to interfere with their angry demands.

Guns are a major cause of trauma for the globalist left. They insist that guns (guns, not the people who use them to commit crimes) are causing an increasing and terrible death toll in the USA. FBI and CDC statistics that PROVE the opposite is true are ignored.

The DOEd collected data on crime in schools and found that schools in the USA have NEVER been safer. Total school shootings, murders, assaults, rapes, and robberies are all at historic lows and trending down - according to actual real data. The left not only ignores reality, they work very hard to convince that a lie is truth.

You know what crimes are not going down? Urban black and urban Hispanic Gang shootings over drugs. The OP's cited story is about black gang violence - not guns.

The media is working very hard to spin a tale of murdering guns and evil Trump. But the truth is, illegal drugs from central America, south America and China are flowing across the US/Mexico border, along with murdering MSXIII, other gangs, and illegal aliens.
The truth is, those drugs are going to urban black and Hispanic gangs who will kill anyone, anytime to protect their turf and their drug sales.
The truth is, over 98% of all crimes involving firearms are committed with handguns.
The truth is, almost all of the drugs used by addicts and overdose victims come from those drugs illegally smuggled across our border.
The truth is, over half of all crime, and up to 65% of all murders in the United States are committed by young urban black males and young illegal alien Hispanic males all involved in illegal drugs!

SO, IF YOU ARE A LEFTIST, the obvious solution is to ban sporting rifles, make it possible to take anyone's firearm(s) away without due process, and make it very hard for people with chronic pain to get medication!