Points for Button Heads

Bone Collector

Do we get extra credit if we kill a button head. I'm sure you mean 50 points for antlerless deer. I say we get 50 points + 1 point for each button for grand total of 52 points.

BC

Bone Collector

I was joking about the points guys. I would pass up a button head too. If we did allow 2 extra points and it cost my team winning the contest, I would care one bit. I would rather let them grow up. The only button head I ever shot was because he looked like a doe. I've been passing up little bucks for years. The only problem is I have seem too many shooters in all these years. I haven't always hunted the same place either though.

The biggest buck I ever let walk was a six point on opening day of bow season about 7 years ago. They'll grow if I can help it, but I can't stop anyone else from shooting them.

On my old club several years ago we had rule that protected little bucks. Somebody broke the rules every year and nothing was ever done about. I doe is just as good an easier to come by. I won't shoot a buck just because it's a buck. I have standards.

BC

Bowhunter24

Rules are set, if ya shoot a button head its an antlerless deer so that means 50 pts.

gabowman

BC, dont take my post wrong. I shoulda worded it differently. Each and every hunter has a different set of standards . That's what makes the world go 'round and it's OK by me. What I should have said is that if hunters would let the buttons walk then they will atleast have deer with some kind of horns to shoot at next year. IMO, the law allows one smaller buck in most counties in Ga. and if hunters want to take advantage of taking that deer then so be it....just let the buttons live one more year and they'll be plenty more bucks to do so with. Personally, I even feel the same with the smaller does, let 'em live long enough to get grown and take grown does so you dont have to kill out more numbers of deer trying to fill freezers. But then again, these are standards for myself and I shouldnt try imposing them on others. Laws are set and as long as fellow hunters abides by the laws I say go have fun hunting whichever way makes everyone happy!

Latest posts