Polaris sportsman 570 4 wheeler

Greenhead

Haven’t been on the forum in a few years. Life Happened. Just going through some old posts and seeing what I missed and thought I’d comment. I have 3 Polaris that I bought new. 1st one in 2000. 500 Sportsman. Still runs like a top. Actually taking it to the club tomorrow. It’s the one I use to move stands, spread seem and Fertilizer with a mounted spreader and generally use and abuse. Then came the 330 Magnum for the kids. Should have got it in 4x4. It’s now in Murphy NC being used by my 82 yr old Father in Law. Put new tire and front and rear baskets on it so he could work around the yard. I think he only uses it to go get the mail buts it’s used every day. Then I decided to buy the one I also wanted but never wanted to spend the money on. 570 Sportsman Hunters Edition in Camo. Had a terrible heat issue on the right side. You could not ride this in the summer but was quite nice in the winter. I took it back and called corporate, emailed and everything I could think of. They did nothing and I hated that piece of junk. It was unusable to me. Then they admitted there was an issue and fixed it. Now I love it. now I,m thinking Ranger. Other than batteries since 2000 I don’t think I,vex spent more than 60.00 in repairs.

Greenhead

For those of you Sportsman 570 owners I came across something you might be interested in. For whatever reason the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen Polaris do was move the battery. My 2015 570 has the battery box on the frame in an area that unreachable. You have to take the tires off to get to it which would be a nightmare if the battery died in the woods since it has no pull start. With mine I wired a few things so I can attach a jump box to it easily. Anyway, Quad Logic sells a battery re location kit so you can mount the battery near the back tire like they used to be. It’s 80.00 and it’s worth every penny. I actually found mine on Amazon and chose to buy there because it was free shipping and it’s way to easy to click that button. YouTube has videos on this that you can watch. On Amazon it mentions 400/570 so I’m assuming the 570’s are not the only ones that they screwed up

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Anyone else got more input on these? Potentially looking at at 2019.

Buford_Dawg

One of my hunting buddies in my club bought one 3 years ago. I tried to talk him into a Honda given my experience with Honda, but he rode / tested both and liked the Polaris ride better. It does have a good ride. He has had no issues with it and he uses the heck out of it on our club for all kinds of duties. I will tell you it has a wide turning radius and when we are riding trails he has to stop alot and get it turned in tight corners. I prefer a honda, but his polaris has been reliable and has good power, we pull disk harrows with it. I recently bought a Polaris 500 Ranger based on part of what I saw his 570 would do as I wanted a SxS vehicle.

cam88

Walters

What size tire did you go with and are those the new stock rims on the new model machines?