Police shot in filly.

I've seen it first hand. You can call me stupid if you want, and I understand your bias given your background.

Some Cops have and will abuse their status regardless of how many good cops wont and I'm sure there a plenty of good cops out there. But turning a blind eye to the ones who are bad actors is the stupidest thing of all.
I agree. Cops for the most part are doing their jobs as they should be. Prosecutors and judges on the other hand...

drhunter1

I agree. Cops for the most part are doing their jobs as they should be. Prosecutors and judges on the other hand...
I don't disagree with this at all. That said as a sovereign citizenry we cannot abide abuse and we shouldn't tolerate it because if we do, it won't stop with the bad guys. Anytime a cop is having a bad day he can use his position of authoritai to take it out on you for no good reason.

In that vein the original complaint that started this conversation was that putting restrictions on cops is the real problem and I'm just arguing against that.

I disagree, but then I’m a constitutionalist. What we need is legal reform where criminals actually go to jail and serve out entire tough sentences, but the last thing we need is commando wannabes walking the streets.

That is a recipe for abuse.
Just stop The stupid war on drugs

Make it so tha peoples can buy what they want over the counter at wallgreens.

The rest will work itself out

Most people just don't understand. Every citizen should spend one day in court, Circuit Court, Big Court, Felony court or whatever your state calls it. Not traffic court. Listen to the plea bargains, Pre trail interventions, diversion agreements , dropped cases, serious offenses turned into the Youthful offenders act. Then they would see that they need to hold the Prosecutors/ Solicitors office responsible for a lot of things. We have Circuit court that comes around once every 3 months. Their main goal is to clear the docket no matter what, and be off on Friday. Court lasts for 2 weeks and they may have 2 trials at most during that time. I know it's a booming business, but that's the main reason I've seen, and the fact that there's only so much jail space.

I dont disagree that some do and it will always be so. I just know that the percentage that do is far lower than it used to be and that some people beleive.
I've seen it first hand. You can call me stupid if you want, and I understand your bias given your background.

Some Cops have and will abuse their status regardless of how many good cops wont and I'm sure there a plenty of good cops out there. But turning a blind eye to the ones who are bad actors is the stupidest thing of all.
I would never disagree that there are cops who abuse their power and there will always be some. What i am saying its actually much less today than back 30 years ago. Anytime you have people with power over others there are times it will be abused just not by cops. Judges, Officers in the military , politicians , boss's at work . Nature of the beast. Sometimes its because they are bad people but yeah they could be having a bad day and their tolerance is less than normal because they are human. Sometimes you might be the straw that broke that particular back.
But i have seen numerous videos where people have screamed cops are abusing their power and didn't see anything being done wrong . I have said it before and probably will again a video where a person is having to use violence to force their will upon another is not pretty. And yes there are times when you have to be heavy handed because the type people you are dealing with only understand and respond to that. You go into that type environment and try to be Officer friendly and they will eat you up and spit you out.

Just stop The stupid war on drugs

Make it so tha peoples can buy what they want over the counter at wallgreens.

The rest will work itself out
I have seen this argument many times and on face value seems good but it will not work . There will still be street dealers and the violence that goes with them along with the thefts because 1 most addicts can't hold a job so they have to steal or prostitute their-selves to get drugs. I am pretty Walgreen's are not going to start taking your stolen gun, jewelry, tvs, fishing equipment or sex for drugs. 2nd the street drugs will be cheaper no taxes and less over site and overhead. 3rd street drugs will be stronger cause you can bet your bottom dollar that the dosage at Walgreen's will be heavily regulated. So street drugs will be cheaper and stronger good business profile.
There is no real answer but the best i know is 1st offence selling a long prison sentence say 10years and you do the whole thing. 2nd offence death penalty. Some country's do death penalty on 1st offence and they have to lowest drug abuse rates in the world.

Do a one week ride along down in Zone 3. You'll change your tune. The TV news only shows a fraction of what's going on down there.
I posted this years ago but i will tell it again for the new. Years ago we had a bunch of burglaries and thefts in our area which is unfortunately a short drive on I-85 from Atlanta. We learned that the stuff was located at a house smack dab in the middle of Zone 3 . We hooked up with Atlanta Swat and went visiting.
The first thing about doing a search warrant in the war zone is you need twice the normal number of cops because you have to have outside security to protect your cars and backs. While we were there things had calmed down and i observed 2 older gentlemen sitting on a porch nearby so i wandered over to talk with them. This was just after the Red Dog squad had been disbanded because they were being mean to people.
As i was talking with the old guys they were complaining about the Red Dogs being disbanded. Their words were the rats run these streets now and the only time they go away is when a bunch of cops come in (the only way Atlanta PD will go in some of them areas is in bunches at least back then) They said them Dogs knew how to run them rats off and they need to bring them back . This aint Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan its less than 5 miles from the State Capitol. These people dont even call the police about gunshots unless there is screaming to go with it.

I have seen this argument many times and on face value seems good but it will not work . There will still be street dealers and the violence that goes with them along with the thefts because 1 most addicts can't hold a job so they have to steal or prostitute their-selves to get drugs. I am pretty Walgreen's are not going to start taking your stolen gun, jewelry, tvs, fishing equipment or sex for drugs. 2nd the street drugs will be cheaper no taxes and less over site and overhead. 3rd street drugs will be stronger cause you can bet your bottom dollar that the dosage at Walgreen's will be heavily regulated. So street drugs will be cheaper and stronger good business profile.
There is no real answer but the best i know is 1st offence selling a long prison sentence say 10years and you do the whole thing. 2nd offence death penalty. Some country's do death penalty on 1st offence and they have to lowest drug abuse rates in the world.
Then Walgreens should let people use their EBT cards for meth and crack and whatever pain pills they want.

Just take all the fun and profit out of it.

4HAND

Most people just don't understand. Every citizen should spend one day in court, Circuit Court, Big Court, Felony court or whatever your state calls it. Not traffic court. Listen to the plea bargains, Pre trail interventions, diversion agreements , dropped cases, serious offenses turned into the Youthful offenders act. Then they would see that they need to hold the Prosecutors/ Solicitors office responsible for a lot of things. We have Circuit court that comes around once every 3 months. Their main goal is to clear the docket no matter what, and be off on Friday. Court lasts for 2 weeks and they may have 2 trials at most during that time. I know it's a booming business, but that's the main reason I've seen, and the fact that there's only so much jail space.
Recently I watched a case get pled from Armed Burglary to Misdemeanor Trespass.
It's ridiculous.

How often do moonshiners shoot each other now days?

Just not enough money in it
The moonshiners mostly quit and started growing weed. It was easier. Then pills and meth came along. Now they kill their cousin and bury them in the barn or under the porch, much more violent than it every was. Very few people " hooked" on shine bad enough to kill their neighbor or steal from their own family.

The moonshiners mostly quit and started growing weed. It was easier. Then pills and meth came along. Now they kill their cousin and bury them in the barn or under the porch, much more violent than it every was. Very few people " hooked" on shine bad enough to kill their neighbor or steal from their own family.
If the redneck cousin lovers could use their EBT cards to get their meth then they wouldn’t need to steal for it.

I posted this years ago but i will tell it again for the new. Years ago we had a bunch of burglaries and thefts in our area which is unfortunately a short drive on I-85 from Atlanta. We learned that the stuff was located at a house smack dab in the middle of Zone 3 . We hooked up with Atlanta Swat and went visiting.
The first thing about doing a search warrant in the war zone is you need twice the normal number of cops because you have to have outside security to protect your cars and backs. While we were there things had calmed down and i observed 2 older gentlemen sitting on a porch nearby so i wandered over to talk with them. This was just after the Red Dog squad had been disbanded because they were being mean to people.
As i was talking with the old guys they were complaining about the Red Dogs being disbanded. Their words were the rats run these streets now and the only time they go away is when a bunch of cops come in (the only way Atlanta PD will go in some of them areas is in bunches at least back then) They said them Dogs knew how to run them rats off and they need to bring them back . This aint Iraq, Iran or Afghanistan its less than 5 miles from the State Capitol. These people dont even call the police about gunshots unless there is screaming to go with it.
You are absolutely right about Zone 3. It's a war zone. My son was a CJ major at GA State and did his internship with the detectives in Zone 3. He was one bad to the bone Marine but I prayed to God he would choose something other than police work when he graduated because he was gung ho to work for APD. Thankfully they didn't hire him and he chose banking instead.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN MOD
Staff member
Last jury duty call was strong evidence of our broke justice system. After the jury screening process was complete I surveyed who was seated. The defendant was a 20 ish black drug dealer. Everyone in the jury box was elderly or a single mom and all but one of them black. Several came across as marginally educated. They would have likely found Judas not guilty.

I was quickly excused after my interview.