Political verses rights

I live in Bibb county and I am having trouble with a wealthy neighbor trespassing , stalking and attempting to climb a box stand while a female freind was hunting in it and scared her so bad she probably wont ever hunt by herself again. I have called the sheriff's department several times and was told because its election year nothing would be done because the man has the ear of the local city government. Does anyone know how I can resolve my issue. I have pics and vedio of the stalker in action.

I have talked to the guy once and the Sherrifs office has explained to him several times that I am completely legal and have every right to hunt my leased property. I went to the DNR and they told me they dont get involved with trespassing that the sheriff's office handles that . I am confused and aggravated and feal like because I'm a middle class citizen I'm not important enough for my situation to be handled in the right manner.

six

I'd contact the District Attorney's Office, or the United States Attorney's Office in your district and ask for guidance

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Simple post all the pics and videos to every social media outlet you can find!! It’s a lot better than a tail whooping.... Plus he’s rich he’ll sue you for putting knots on his head.
This...
And the local news media…
Get your trail cameras and evidence ready…
I bet the sheriff's department would want to avoid the publicities…

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I have talked to the guy once and the Sherrifs office has explained to him several times that I am completely legal and have every right to hunt my leased property. I went to the DNR and they told me they dont get involved with trespassing that the sheriff's office handles that . I am confused and aggravated and feal like because I'm a middle class citizen I'm not important enough for my situation to be handled in the right manner.
Why were they explaining to him that you could hunt your property? They should be explaining to him that he could not hunt your property.

jakebuddy

Not sure at what point your at but has he been advised of by LE not to trespass? If so and you have proof like a video, you could go to the magistrate office and file for a warrant for criminal trespass. Also talk to the sheriff directly make an appointment may help.

Lilly001

I'd contact the District Attorney's Office, or the United States Attorney's Office in your district and ask for guidance
This^^
Sometimes things can be stalled at the local level.
But your District attorney (or what ever Ga. calls them) should give you some satisfaction because he gets elected also.

Lilly001

And if local doesn't work because of corrupt influence the State Attorney General should get involved.

chris41081

Another thing would be to keep calling the sheriff's department, often. Be a squeaky wheel. Either they will get tired of hearing from you or you'll eventually get an officer that doesn't care about the guys money or political clout. Also find an inside way to the sheriff's Dept. Maybe you know somebody that knows somebody. Good luck

mattuga

Banned
I'm a middle class citizen I'm not important enough for my situation to be handled in the right manner.

I know you were tongue in cheek here but go above those telling you otherwise. If you have video and pics this should go away quickly contacting the right person. I hope you get peaceful hunting soon man as that is just crazy. Bibb is different than other areas in GA for sure, criminals run the streets and rich guys in the area don't care because they live far enough away and they pull strings otherwise in the County. I'm not opposed to the rich at all but this is the kinda thing that don't sit well with anyone regardless of income. I believe you were told election stuff but go above that for sure. I deal with local government and mayor's office or commissioner sometimes has a constituent services desk to escalate things. I just looked and unsurprisingly Bibb does not have anything posted for constituent services but I'd go to anyone in your area with authority and above if the land is worth keeping to lease.

sleepr71

Something just don’t add up… especially if you have photos/videos of him trespassing and being told to go away?‍♀️ Are they doing it to disturb your hunting and stop you from hunting, or being a peeping tom/sexual pervert? Either way it sounds like they’re overbearing, and need a dose of reality real quick ?

TurkeyDreamer

Another thing would be to keep calling the sheriff's department, often. Be a squeaky wheel. Either they will get tired of hearing from you or you'll eventually get an officer that doesn't care about the guys money or political clout. Also find an inside way to the sheriff's Dept. Maybe you know somebody that knows somebody. Good luck

^This. I had a trespassing issue a few years ago. I continued to contact the sheriffs office until finally something was done. By my understanding, the trespasser must first be served with a criminal trespass warrant. THEN, if he trespasses again, he can be arrested.

Good luck!

Doe Dirt

I’m not sure I believe all this.....either way you need to contact the game warden. Don’t even bother with the Leo’s.
Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. I would wait till he was in the box stand and then handle it man to man from there. I can guarantee you if I caught someone in my stand on my property they wouldn’t come back.
When he’s 10-20ft off the ground you should have the upper hand if you catch my drift......

Last edited: