Pollen!

GoldDot40

Paired with the extremely low humidity, its like I'm breathing dust. Throat is just dry most of the time while I'm outside...which is 75% of the day.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Seems to be bothering my eyes more than usual.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I try to keep plenty of brewed fluids going down to keep everything flushed. Enough of those fluids and I don’t notice any pollen at all.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Heck yeah it drives me nuts!
Sinuses never bothered me until my mid 30's.
Zyrtec helps.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I have had really bad allergy problems since I was about 10-12 years old. It started with a dove hunting trip with my dad and we had to walk through Ragwoods that were probably 6 feet high. After 100 yards of so walking, within a few minutes, my eyes began to swell shut. Instead of hunting, my Dad rushed me to the hospital instead. I could not even open my eyes enough to see again for a couple of days. So the #1 thing that I try to avoid beginning around August until we have a really hard frost is Ragweeds. I always wish for that REALLY HARD frost to be around Labor Day because it stops this allergy in its tracks when that happens.

Over the years, it began to affect me beginning in late January from the pollen from cedar trees (unfortunately in my front yard) that have a white pollen. Then when that ends on the cedar trees, it keeps right on going with oak, sweetgum, and pine pollen and it drives me crazy at times and this year has been really bad. Starting in early January each year, I take one of my CLARATIN allergy relief pills (which has 10 mg of Loratadine as the ONLY ingredient) every morning in hopes that it gives me some relief but I still feel lousy and am constant rubbing my eyes unfortunately. (I should advise that these Claritin pills cost about $38.00 per 120 tablets when on sale at Sam's Club). Recently, while shopping there with my Daughter, she saw the "Member's Mark" store brand with the EXACT DOSAGE OF THE SAME INGREDIENT) for a total of 400 tablets and it cost only about $15-$18 for this increased amount. I will begin taking them when my current supply runs out in another 3 weeks now.

I just hope that I can get some relief within the next few months as the regular pollen problems seem to be much worse than the ragweed problem later in the year.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This spring seems especially bad for some reason. I noticed the green coat on my truck yesterday going home. Car wash time!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Ruger, I have been washing my truck at least twice a week for the past month or so just to make sure that my truck is still BLUE instead of yellowish/green !!! :banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

BeerThirty

My allergies hit me worse this year than any other year in the past. I've had to stay doped up on claritin, flonase and xyrtec just to breathe normal. These things easily develop into sinus infections for me if I don't take care of them right away.

ryanh487

Pine pollen doesn't usually trigger allergies, per say, but in the amount we have it causes your body to react the same way as inhaling dust. Sinus irritation, sinus infection, even bronchitis if you get enough of it in your lungs. Basically cold symptoms during allergy season. Actual allergic reactions to pollen are a lot worse and more irritating/ burning even when it doesn't feel like you're breathing dust.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I work outside and some years are worse than others. This year it hasn't bothered me at all other than some eye irritation and sneezing. I got done turkey hunting the other day in a stand of mature pines and my boots were covered in green "dust"

GeorgiaBob

I suffer from allergies. Some years I can tell, before I go outside, that I will find a thick coating of yellow "dust" on everything (pine pollen). My eyes will feel gritty, and my nose will run a little. I can survive that. Some years my head will feel thick, my throat is scratchy, and I can't breath through my nose when I wake up in the morning - so I know that the outside is thick with green "dust" (oak pollen is "invisible," but is associated with mold spores causing the green tint). I can even tell when certain grasses are putting out pollen.

Then there is the rare, painful, year, when cold weather and clouds delay the pine pollen without slowing the oaks, and all of the other spring bloomers, throw out a nuclear fallout of attacking pollen. I becoming a mouth breathing, gasping, headache groused, bleary eyed, victim. Welcome to 2019.

specialk

hard to smoke a cigarette outside right now......be glad when it's all gone....

Dub

From late February through late April every year is always fun. Flonase at night helps.